Skip to main content

PSM I Assessment Preparation

Last post 10:43 am November 14, 2013 by Nitin Khanna
5 replies
10:05 am November 13, 2013

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to the forum and Scrum as whole so hi everyone!

I've just recently started getting into Scrum and have received my password for the exam today so am getting a little nervous as to whether I'm fully prepared or not. I've done an e-Learning ScrumMaster course, have read up on the Scrum.org Scrum Guide and am passing the Open Assessment with 95+%. I've also done some independent studying on Burndown Charts and Scrum of Scrums.

Is there anything else that I'd need to cover? Any help that you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated!

10:09 am November 13, 2013

I would suggest you to train the Open Assessment until you can do ti 100% with the closed eyes.
Also would recommend read Scrum Guide many many times until you could remember the certain phrases. Try to picky - believe me, EVERY single word in Scrum Guide has deep meaning. That could save you additional points on the exam.

10:14 am November 13, 2013

I second both of Ilya's comments. You should know the Scrum Guide inside out, and be aware that it has deep meaning. In other words you should know not only *what* it says, but also *why* it says it.

Also, you should consistently be able to nail the Open Assessment with 100%. For each question, you should not only be able to determine *which* answer is the best, but also *why* the others are either wrong or not as good.

04:00 am November 14, 2013

We also have a main thread on this subject here:
https://www.scrum.org/Forums/aft/264

Ian, I like your comment about understanding the answers -- it would be cool if you could post it on the above thread.

Thanks for all of your contributions to the board -- I've been watching them and it is clear you are a very careful and thoughtful Scrum practitioner.

07:02 am November 14, 2013

Took the test today and passed with 89%!

Thanks all for your help, it's much appreciated. Virtual beers on me! :)

10:43 am November 14, 2013

Agree with the comments above.

One additional thing -- I would extend the advice to the PSD Open Assessment as well. Also, if there are incorrect answers that are related to a concept, be familiar with that as well.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.