Skip to main content

Passed PSM-I with 90% !

Last post 10:40 am June 27, 2017 by Sanjay Saini
6 replies
12:44 am January 21, 2014

Just Passed with 90%, throw me questions if you are on the way of pursuing the PSM-I :D

04:18 am February 18, 2014

Do you get a question on burndown charts?

On a sample test I got this question: "Burndown charts provides information on velocity?"
True
False- is the correct answer

Do you agree/disagree with this answer?

Velocity is a method for accurately measuring the rate at which scrum development teams consistently deliver business value. Velocity is measured with the help of a velocity chart. A velocity chart shows the sum of estimates of the work delivered across all iterations.
A burn down chart shows how much work is remaining to be done in the project.
Product burndown is usually tracked in sprints (e.g. story points completed per sprint).
Sprint burndown is normally tracked in days (e.g. task hours completed per day).
Release burndown shows how quickly your team has delivered backlog items and track how much work the team must still perform to complete a product release. (e. g., story points, size, or hours per release)http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff731579.aspx

Why we can not measure velocity using burndown chart? This area is a little blurry to me? Any help clearing it out?

05:44 am February 18, 2014

I basically agree but I don't think this a very good question. First, it does not say what kind of burndown it is (sprint/release) and how the burndown is calculated. Second, burndowns are not part of scrum so from scrum's perspective there is no right or wrong in creating the burndown.
Burndowns CAN show information about velocity depending on how and what you are tracking. The most typical sprint burndown shows remaining time for tasks in e.g. hours. This means that the while the sprint burndown can show steady progress you may end up with 0 completed items, e.g. 5 stories with 5 tasks each and 4/5 tasks completed for all stories would show 80% progress when in fact you have 0% progress. You are delivering stories (to meet the sprint goal) in the sprint, not tasks.

06:24 am February 18, 2014

Fredrik is right, a velocity chart and burndown chart can show different information. A Sprint Burndown would normally show the burndown of tasks remaining...and story point velocity cannot be inferred from that.

A Product Burndown on the other hand would typically show work remaining on a Product Backlog, expressed in terms of story points or a similar measure. If that is the case then it *should* be possible to infer velocity from the data provided, but only if no waste (unplanned work) is incurred.

Suppose that a Development Team have to action an urgent requirement from the organization, and which did not come from the Product Backlog. A major incident such as an outage could be an example. The Development Team and the PO try to revise the sprint scope accordingly so as to accommodate it. The successful completion of this unplanned work could reasonably be held to count towards their velocity (since it is work done) but it would not contribute to the Product Burndown.

03:14 pm February 18, 2014

Which references you used to get such a score?

06:26 am June 23, 2017

Hi Friends , 

I am planing to give PSM level 1 exam in this month end (June 2017) . Please advice me which type of questions comes in real exam and in what topics I need to focus more .

Please guide me who recently gave the exam . 

It will be great help .

Thanks 

Deepika Jain

10:40 am June 27, 2017

Hello Deepika

Though it is not mandatory but I would recommend attending a PSM training, it really helps a lot.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.