Skip to main content

Here is an intriguing one: Multiple Agile groups across numerous related, yet separate items...

Last post 02:58 pm March 21, 2022 by Daniel Wilhite
3 replies
07:03 am March 18, 2022

Howdy All,

I've looked for this, however I've just seen posts in regards to numerous Agile groups dealing with one item. My present circumstance is as per the following:

I've ventured into a PO job in an organization that made the change from cascade to lithe around two years prior.

Before my appearance, there was not an authority PO for the items that I am overseeing - the head of dev was working twofold time on her primary obligations and as the PO.

At the present time, we have three unique items and three distinct dexterous groups working across those items (groups are not committed to a particular item).

Of the three items, two have solitary accumulations and one has numerous (to represent the way that this item is profoundly redone for every client, however has a somewhat shared normal code base).

We have three different group level accumulations also. The group accumulations contain stories that basically highlight the item stories.

As of now, the arrangement upholds the accompanying requirements:

Accommodating a strategy to consolidate work across the three items into group level ECRs that require work across various items for new elements/bugs/and so on

Accommodating one work process on the item overabundances and an alternate, improved on work process in the group excesses. (item things require more beginning and in-progress surveys by a more extensive group)

Forestalling one exceptionally huge build-up across three items (there are many things across the three items).

As of now, the arrangement is hindering the accompanying requirements (these are the fundamental ones at any rate):

Arrangement with other item groups in the organization, who have the essential arrangement of one group for each item, and in this manner one build-up per item.

Undeniable level perspective on discharges that length numerous items (copy downs, detailing, include level data, and so on)

The requirement for some form of mental soundness with respect to the Product Owner :)

Has anybody seen anything like this previously? Is it true that you were ready to join things into some reasonable interaction? Any thoughts on the most proficient method to make more significant level perspectives into the deliveries and to line up with the other item groups that utilization one build-up per item? I've depleted myself attempting to track down an answer for this one. I have an order to guarantee arrangement between my groups and the other item groups in the organization. I'm confused on the best way to achieve this.

Much obliged such a huge amount for any guidance you can give!

10:45 pm March 18, 2022

I can only make an observation. You mention being a PO with items and accumulations but you haven't mentioned having an actual product even once.

.find_in_page{background-color:#ffff00 !important;padding:0px;margin:0px;overflow:visible !important;}.find_selected{background-color:#ff9632 !important;padding:0px;margin:0px;overflow:visible !important;}

11:48 pm March 18, 2022

In addition to what Ian said about not mentioning products, you also mention "groups" instead of "teams". It's not entirely clear what you mean by things like "items" and "groups". Perhaps talking about things in the context of teams and products (or projects) would help.

02:58 pm March 21, 2022

Agree with @Ian and @Thomas.  The approach you describe is confusing and the way you talk about "groups" and "items" instead of "teams" and "products" is confusing.  

Just as you never mention teams or products, you never mention anything even remotely related to the Scrum framework other than Product Owner.  While many of us have experience is many types of practices that enable agility, it would be much easier to provide some valuable feedback if you were able to explain this from the user/stakeholder perspective and relate the problems you are encountering to the delivery of value to them.  

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.