Skip to main content

Software matching all scrum implementation details and nothing but that

Last post 03:05 pm March 21, 2022 by Daniel Wilhite
3 replies
12:17 pm March 18, 2022

Hello, can anybody suggest software that meets all Scrum implementation details and nothing but Scrum? Regardless of being in commercial or community pricing/licensing mode, and regardless of maturity/completion status. 

11:02 pm March 18, 2022

Nope. Scrum is a framework, not an implementation.

01:10 am March 19, 2022

Scrum is definitely not an implementation but there has to be an exchange of views on how well the various tools perform in the fields of completeness, accuracy, fitness for purpose.    

03:05 pm March 21, 2022

Best tool I have ever used was a board created on a wall using painter's tape.  Backlog was created from medium to large self-adhesive note pads utilizing permanent markers.  But that requires in person colocation.  And I was not the one that decided it was the best tool.  It was the people in the Scrum Team that decided that because it worked well for everyone. 

We can tell you tools that have been used.  But you could just as easily find them by doing a web search with your favorite search engine. Then have your team(s) review them and discuss which they feel is best for them. 

BTW, I would be very surprised if you found a tool that is only for Scrum.  And if you did, I would seriously consider if it was worth using.  It seems highly unlikely that any company producing software would be profitable making such a limited product. 

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.