Skip to main content

First Post: Found Scrum, Looking for TDD

Last post 03:16 pm November 17, 2014 by Jeff Bowman
2 replies
10:08 pm March 8, 2014

Hello

I'm just getting started with Agile Practices; this looks like a good place to start discussing and learning. My toolset will be Visual Studio 2013, TFS and Urban Turtle.

I'm also looking for a good active forum for discussing the finer points of TDD design and usage. I want to get a good handle on this and I have many questions.

Not wanting to post off-topic at this forum, I wonder if anyone can recommend a community. The busier the better--I have a lot of catching up to do.

Thanks,
Jeff Bowman
Fairbanks, Alaska

12:07 pm November 17, 2014

Hi Jeff,

Welcome to scrum.org.

I did a quick google search and found this article, which links to many other discussions on the topic -

http://www.writemoretests.com/2011/09/test-driven-development-give-me-b…

Good luck!

03:16 pm November 17, 2014

Hi Tim

Thanks for the link; I'd seen that post a while ago and I enjoyed reading it again. The author is a bit jaded, IMO, but that doesn't mean his article doesn't present good food for thought. Everything in balance and moderation...

I'm looking for more than just articles and blog posts, though. I'm looking for a (popular) discussion forum in which I might stretch my TDD legs and learn more about it in practice. Alas, the TechNet forum seems to focus more on the nuts & bolts of the toolset more than the higher-lever concepts of good test design, etc.

If you're aware of some such resource I'd be pleased to learn of it.

Thanks,
Jeff Bowman
Fairbanks, Alaska

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.