Findings from the previous sprints
I was wondering what you guys would do in the following situation:
Your team finished sprint 1 and they just started with sprint 2.
In the current sprint (sprint 2) the team spots bugs that are related to the previous sprint. (sprint 1)
What would you as scrum master advise the team to do?
1) Place the bugs in the Product Backlog, estimate them and let our Product Owner decide whether they are important for the next sprint.
2) Fix them right away in your current Sprint. A risk here could be that due to the findings, the team won’t be able to complete their sprint.
I am not sure if Scrum Master can do anything in it.. It is upto Product Owner and development team to decide what to do with defect.
1) If development team think they can fix it without affecting the goal of current sprint dev team can include it current sprint backlog
2) If it is not a high priority defect it can go into product backlog item and can be picked in future sprint.
3) If it is a high priority and including it in current sprint mean change in sprint goal, dev team need to discuss it with product owner.
This may help being discussed in another question.
I would redirect all bugs to PO for prioritization. Dev team should discuss about the root cause of bugs in their retrospective and should come up with a solution so that it will not repeat again.
Nothing in control of scrum master other than facilitating the meetings.