Skip to main content

Sprint backlog and Scrum Backlog

Last post 07:04 am May 21, 2014 by Michelle Gomes
6 replies
03:05 am May 19, 2014

Hi All
Is there anything like a Scrum Backlog?? If so, what does that contain?

And as far as Sprint Backlog goes , what would be the right answer for it's contents??

1> A list of User stories for the sprint
2> A list of tasks needed for achieving the sprint goal?

06:19 am May 19, 2014

The scrum guide does not mention a scrum backlog.

If it is sprint backlog, I would say both answers are good.

12:28 am May 21, 2014

Thanks ...

But both of the above mentioned are options.. Which one to choose?

05:30 am May 21, 2014

If you read the Scrum Guide, you will notice that both answers are right. If you look for the best answer, I would choose 2 because it focuses on the sprint goal and what needs to be done to achieve it. Answer 1 mentions User Stories, which are not exactly part of Scrum but a good practice to document Product Backlog Items.

05:33 am May 21, 2014

Hi Ludwig

https://www.scrum.org/Portals/0/Documents/Scrum%20Guides/2013/Scrum-Gui…

I see no mention of Scrum Backlog, is there a more recent version of the Scrum guide?

07:01 am May 21, 2014

Hi Michelle,
sorry I didn't make clear that I was referring to the Sprint Backlog (second question).
I am pretty sure there is no such thing as a Scrum Backlog, at least not in Scrum.

07:04 am May 21, 2014

Thanks Ludwig, in that sense, I would agree with you

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.