Skip to main content

How to get disscount for 2nd attend the PSM I

Last post 02:06 pm December 10, 2020 by Ching-Pei Li
12 replies
11:29 am July 10, 2014

Hello Scrum.org team all All ,

I plan to pay & do the PSM again next week. (the 1st time i got fail )

I hear that i can get 10% discount in this case. Can you confirm and give me your guide ?

Thanks

12:28 am July 11, 2014

Hello, Can anyone help on this question ?

Thanks a lot.

02:19 am July 11, 2014

I have never heard of any discount for PSMI exam. Where have you learnt about that?

02:29 am July 11, 2014

Hi Illya,

I remember that i have ever read in this forum but i dont remember exactly which topic.

02:32 am July 11, 2014

In addtion, i'd like to know how many question in the pool and how many question (or percentage) that can i meet again in the 2nd attend ?

Thanks.

04:03 am July 11, 2014

The discount is only if an error occurred while doing the exam (the website went down, your computer crashed etc). Nobody knows the number of question in the pool of exam questions, and I don't believe Scrum.org will give this information. Finally, the percentage to pass the exam the second time is still like the first time; 85% (68 questions from 80)

06:29 am July 11, 2014

Exam is no easier the second time around the pool is different and question sets are random.
Discount can be awarded at discretion by scrum.org on an individual case basis I think.
Its not guaranteed, if you are awared it is 10% off the resit exam.
Playing the numbers game on what may be in the exam second time or how big the pool is isnt what scrum is all about.
This is the difference between knowing scrum and understanding scrum.

Michael

Anonymous
10:46 am July 11, 2014

Hello Bui Tuan Ninh,

We thank you for your continued interest in Scrum.org; it's great that you are interested in making a second attempt at the PSM I assessment! Regarding your inquiry, Scrum.org does not extend an overarching policy of offering discounted rates for additional assessment orders. If you would kindly send us an email directly to support@scrum.org, we will be happy to examine your specific inquiry and address your individual case accordingly. We hope to hear from and further assist you soon. Thank you and enjoy your day!

11:19 am May 29, 2017

Hi,

If somehow my internet connection goes down or i get disconnected . Will i be able to resume the exam again using same password ? or i will have to buy another one ?

01:49 pm May 30, 2017

Hello Vipul,

If your internet connection goes down and disconnects you from the assessment platform, you can resume the assessment by following the instructions here:

http://support.scrum.org/knowledgebase/articles/952540-my-assessment-session-was-disconnected-how-can-i

01:05 pm December 8, 2020

The support people are very professional when I sent a nasty gram about the exam I just failed myself. I got an 82.5% I was very upset.  I've taken at least  200 certification exams and never seen a requirement of  85% for certification. I felt this whole thing is a money grab at the time. You only get a second shot if you pay for the $1400 class. I think they should reduce the passing to 80% and make the exam $100 or give you an automatic second shot if you take the retake exam within 48 hrs.  In these desperate times It hard to spend the money on an exam. 

03:18 pm December 8, 2020

Thank you for your feedback @Bernie.  The cost of the exam and certification requirement has been the same since 2009 and the 85% mark is part of why it is so credible in the industry as it is difficult, but quite achievable as we have approximately an 80% passing rate on the tests.  If we were to provide instant free retakes, it would ruin some of the credibility as it wouldn't require study and knowledge as much as taking the test to learn the questions and then taking it again, etc.

I hope this helps.

07:23 am December 10, 2020

@BENNIE WILLIAMS

Almost Done is not Done.

I got 84% for my first attempt to PSD I.  Of course, I failed.

If they reduce the passing to 80%, there might be people who get 79% feel upset.

I agree with the suggestion that the second test can provide discounts.

But it should be restricted to retake the exam after at least two weeks.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.