Skip to main content

PSPO and CSPO

Last post 01:46 am June 10, 2022 by Chiedu Oranye
14 replies
07:06 am July 28, 2014

What are the differences or gaps between PSPO and CSPO courses in terms of focus areas and topics covered? Did anyone find the CSPO course useful to get past the PSPO I assessment?

FYI, there are no Scrum.org courses where I live and I have completed PSM I assessment via self-study.

--Bhuvan.

01:00 pm July 28, 2014

Bhuvan,

I have just completed PSPO self study, my personal opinion is it wasn't easy this route.
Dont forget PSPO and CSPO are different, to do CSPO you would still have to do a course.
(Unless you have the course notes).
All I can offer is PSPO is the same format as PSM 80 questions in sixty minutes.
As there is no course near you its a tricky one, but its possible self study.

Here are the study areas for the exam, as you can see its very comprehensive.
The exam is made up from all this material, so forget about PSPO notes.
If the question is in the exam and you have read all these then this may suit your needs
https://www.scrum.org/Courses/Professional-Scrum-Product-Owner/PSPO-Sub…

Michael

01:48 am July 29, 2014

Thanks Michael.

I will do the CSPO classroom first and after addiional reading take a shot at the PSPO-I.

The coverage of topics is available at:
CSPO : http://www.scrumalliance.org/scrum/media/ScrumAllianceMedia/Files%20and…

PSPO : https://www.scrum.org/Courses/Professional-Scrum-Product-Owner/PSPO-Sub…

After that it would be PSM-II and CSP :-)

--Bhuvan.

11:50 am July 29, 2014

Good luck with the study

Michael

11:18 am July 2, 2019

Which is easy for preparation and passing the exam PSPO or CSPO?

10:12 am July 3, 2019

Open exams & book that I found helpful:

The Professional Scrum Product Owner: Guide to Pass PSPO 1 Certification, Mohammed Musthafa Soukath Ali

02:15 pm September 12, 2020

Guys, CSPO doesn't have an exam. Only CSM has, 50 questions in 60 minutes (and a 50% pass rate I think). You get CSPO directly after you complete the training. 

01:54 pm September 13, 2020

@Ioana   If you don't test the level of knowledge and understanding after the class and just give a certificate to anyone who attends, that makes it a certificate of participation, not a certification.

12:39 pm September 14, 2020

In the past, I have done both the CSM and CSPO training courses about 7 years ago. Back then, CSPO was participation only, CSM had an exam, consisting of 30 questions out of a total set of 35 questions. I needed 25/30 correct answers. After completing the exam, I got an overview of all the questions with the correct answers including an option to try again (10 attempts I believe). 

I now am no longer CSM or CSPO, as I didn't want to pay $100 every two years to keep my certifications.

The training itself was pretty good and included some techniques such as story mapping. The Scrum theory also got some attention. It's been too long ago to remember whether it was a good preparation for PSPO I, I did that a few years ago with self study only (but some years of scrum master experience)

06:39 am September 15, 2020

If the question is in the exam and you have read all these then this may suit your needs

https://www.scrum.org/Courses/Professional-Scrum-Product-Owner/PSPO-Sub…

Michael

Yes,True

I didn't want to pay $100 every two years to keep my certifications.

Yes ,I'm.

The value of Scrum.org lies in its high-standard body of knowledge  and strict examinations, as well as no annual fees

11:29 am January 27, 2021

Is it still true today there is no need to pass an exam to obtain the CSPO certification? All you need is to sleep in class?

04:55 pm February 21, 2021

Hello Huynh Van Du Tran,

Yes, it is still the same. There is no exam for CSPO. I have confirmed with multiple authorized training providers.

05:33 pm February 21, 2021

So it it should be considered a certificate of participation and not a certification since there is no validation of learning.

06:39 pm February 22, 2021

@Eric Naiburg that is exactly what it is.  I have the CSPO certification only because my last employer wanted me to get it.  I also have the PSPO.  I learned more from doing the PSPO knowledge assessments than I did sitting through the CSPO class. 

CSPO is class for which you pay and then a certificate that you actually showed up.  

12:56 am June 10, 2022

@Eric Naiburg  I learned more from doing the PSPO knowledge assessments than I did sitting through the CSPO class. 

CSPO is class for which you pay and then a certificate that you actually showed up. 

Hilarious comment :-)

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.