Skip to main content

What is the role for project manager in agile

Last post 12:09 am July 29, 2014 by Dilani Gomis
4 replies
07:30 am July 28, 2014

Hi ,

I am working as a Software Project manager for 4 years but now most of the IT companies are moving towards Agile and there is no role as Project manager.I'm also not good in programming.

Can some one guide me what should I do . What is the career path i should select ? Is it the product owner i should fall into or something else ??

Also what kind of course /workshop i should attend

Thank you

12:11 pm July 28, 2014

Hi Dila,
as this is a Scrum Forum, I focus on Scrum roles. Other agile frameworks have different roles. In Feature Driven Development there is even a Project Manager.
If you are not good in programming, Scrum has two roles for you.
The Product Owner is a good choice, if you identify yourself with the products you develop. Once you gain experience with SCRUM, the Scrum Master might also be interesting for you. If you are not that experienced yet, you may want to consult an external coach, so you don't have to do all mistakes by yourself but can learn from those others made before you.
Good luck!

12:12 pm July 28, 2014

Oh and the appropriate courses would be PSPO and PSM respectively.

12:09 am July 29, 2014

Thank you for the reply

12:09 am July 29, 2014

Thank You

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.