Skip to main content

Automatic test servers

Last post 08:26 am August 26, 2014 by Tim Stefan Hauschildt
1 reply
05:13 am August 20, 2014

During developing web-projects, manager always need to test the new features. Typically, this is done using test servers. But often, the manager (e.g. me) can’t run a test server himself to see the new features and has to ask developers for the help, distracting them from their work. Besides purchased test equipment is not necessary 90% of the time.

A few days ago i found project teatro.io, which automatically creates a test server in the cloud for each new feature at the time it was added to the project. The manager does not need to configure anything himself - when developers have prepared a new feature which they want to show to their manager, they make changes to the code. Teatro sees these changes, launches a personal test server for this concrete feature and sends a unique link to the manager. It only remains to follow the link and start testing.

Access to the service is provided on a monthly subscription basis. Pricing depends on a maximum number of parallel servers and projects.

Maybe somebody will find it useful for him.

08:26 am August 26, 2014

Dear Alexey Ermolaev,

I have difficulties finding "teatro testserver". There is no article in wikipedia, no website I can refer to.
Can you point me to a source of information about the testserver, please?

I like using Jenkins (http://jenkins-ci.org), but I am not sure whether it is like what you found.

Tim

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.