Skip to main content

Rally Feedback

Last post 10:24 am September 16, 2014 by Michael Grove
4 replies
09:36 am September 9, 2014

We have recently assessed the Agile tool Rally as a pretty good fit for our small business that has recently moved to agile. We need a tool that will streamline our sprint planning sessions as well as provide great traceability of our user stories and tasks.

For those of you who have used Rally, what are your opinions of the tool for streamlining your company's agile process? How have your experiences been with their team and company culture as a whole?

02:04 am September 14, 2014

Hi Mike,
I am using Rally, it is good.
Streamlining company's agile process is left to top management & the team members commitment. But Rally as a tool helps to follow the agile process.

The access is through browser, I heard that it is provided as SaaS from Cloud. Very frequently you will see/hear the improvements done to Rally, looks like they are also following Agile.
You also have a very good help page with images & videos. People can learn themselves.
You can also submit your new ideas of enhancement to rally team.

Also I heard about another tool VersionOne, not used that. Please try that as well.

Thanks
Senthil

12:20 pm September 14, 2014

Why are your current sprint planning sessions sub-optimal, and why is traceability inadequate?

12:56 pm September 15, 2014

Thanks for responding Ian,

The tool we are currently using for managing our user stories and tasks is Trac. It was great when we were back on the waterfall model for managing bugs and enhancements, however; it tends to get messy quickly when managing more complex relationships such as features -> epics -> user stories -> tasks. It is an everyday struggle to trace a task back to the original idea, not to mention getting an easy way to provide visibility around the entire sprint. These are just a few of the hardships that end up costing us quite a bit of man hours.

The demo's I've seen of Rally functionally will make this leaps and bounds easier, I was just wondering if anyone in this community had actively used Rally and what their general input was around using the software and interacting with the Rally team.

10:24 am September 16, 2014

Great feedback Senthil, this is exactly the sort of input I'm looking for.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.