Skip to main content

Passed PSM 1!

Last post 11:43 pm September 25, 2014 by David Starr
1 reply
04:18 pm September 12, 2014

Today I passed my PSM 1 with the score of 91.3% through self-study and I'm very glad I made it. The test was NOT easy and very tricky. Here are a few tips for the test takers:

1. There are more than the indicated number of "correct" answers in a question but as others said here, you need to select the best ones. You must keep the Scrum Guide in mind when you choose your answers - all the principles, rules, and the exact terms.

2. Time yourself well. Believe me, I was nervous during the test and I constantly checked my time. The timer definitely adds more pressure to this test so you have to be very well prepared. There is almost no time for you to search elsewhere for right answers. It must be in your mind.

3. Bookmark the questions you are not sure about. This is VERY important and it's a life saver. This way you can easily go back and revisit the bookmarked questions.

4. Don't spend too much time on one question. If you are not sure, leave it bookmarked and go to the next one. If you have more time in the end, revisit it again.

I followed other people's advice in this forum for my study. I'd like to thank everyone for your post helping me pass my test. The posts in this forum are really helpful. I have ready the Scrum Guide for probably 10+ times and have done the open assessment numerously with a consistent score of 100%. I also used https://testtakeronline.com/ (paid) which helped me memorize the Scrum Guide. Besides, I read articles and watched videos online. My work experience also helped me a lot understand the rules, etc.

I was trying to figure out which path to take - CSM or PSM 1 earlier. I'm glad I took this one. It's not only because I saved $1,000 on my study but also it is such a valuable learning and rewarding experience in my career!

11:43 pm September 25, 2014

Congratulations! And welcome!

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.