Skip to main content

What kind of environments are suitable

Last post 03:59 am September 30, 2014 by Manjunath Goudreddy
1 reply
02:57 pm September 27, 2014

Dear all,

This week I was assigned to a new team. In name they use
scrum but in practice they do not use scrum. I am assigned to the team to revive scrum. However I doubt if scrum is the rught method for this team.

The team execute small projects (between 100-500 hours) in the same domain. However their activities are not related at all. The developers all execute a seperate projects. Because of this lack of coherence, and the small seize of tje project I doubt if scrum is most suitable. I wonder your view on the situation.

03:59 am September 30, 2014

Dear Liesbeth,

I think in order to answer your question, we need some more inputs. Are there more than 1 developer in the project. If so, then I think each project should be treated seperately and they can have their own release backlog. As per the Scrum guide, there could be multiple teams working for a common product backlog, whereas in your case, each project is independent, so I think they can be treated as a seperate scrum team.

My second question is, what happens after their finish the project, are there new requirements / gets into maintenance phase. If new requirements keep added then they should be added to the product backlog and the development team can focus on sprint backlog.
I hope this helps.

regards
Manju

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.