Hi,

If you have the time, please have a look at the following article:

https://www.academia.edu/8513964/Scrum_A_New_Delusion

Thanks.

So, what do you think?

01:01 pm November 4, 2014

Hi Erol,

I managed to read the whole article.

I think the very fact you have had zero responses is very telling. I could not follow along with the article and it seems as though you are trying to vent your frustrations about scrum, about managers, about bosses, about lack of Computer Scientists, about your general discontent towards the workplace.

To me you are trying to offer up 15 different cuisines at the same time and my tastes buds are not able to handle that, so they are left confused.

I do not understand what the message is. I understand the title and how that anchors me, but reading the whole article has left me very confused.

I read the article to be a vent about many of your frustrations, with topics all over the place.

03:45 pm November 4, 2014

So far just looks like click bait and nothing of substance in the article.

I also had a hard time figuring out what the author hoped us to take away.

I did see a lot of references to management ignorance as it relates to Agile. That happens a lot in orgs... often their first step into Agile is an ugly one -- sort of like the Scaled Agile Framework -- it was an ugly first version and is still pretty ugly. This all stems from the root dysfunction that people and orgs completely and vastly underestimate the work, training, coaching, and organizational change that is required to **be** Agile. However, they really have no choice but to try -- otherwise they will become the next Borders, Blackberry, or Blockbuster.

So, sir author, what are the key takeaways you had hoped we'd get out of your manifesto? (pls forgive the use of the word manifesto -- it was too hard not to)

01:51 pm November 5, 2014

My thoughts are that's a lengthy read with no real conclusion.

"We are alone and lost"

The forums and people here would strongly disagree were alone, its a community.
In order to know where your going, you first must know where you are.

changes fail, that can apply to any change, Agile or changing a light bulb.
http://www.kenblanchard.com/img/pub/Blanchard_Mastering_the_Art_of_Chan…

Michael

07:13 am November 19, 2014

+1 to Charles. From my quick read, I can see that the author and OP has no real understanding of Scrum or the roles of Scrum Master and Developer and has missed the point of the events that form scrum.

And the only thing I can say about his misplaced slavery analogy is that it fits better to traditional waterfall top down management practices.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.