Skip to main content

Wow, Scrum is actually hard!

Last post 02:55 pm October 15, 2014 by tim muttitt
1 reply
09:44 am September 30, 2014

You read all the comments, and I think it may even be mentioned in the guide that "understanding the concept and rules of Scrum is easy, however being able to truly understand and practice it is very difficult". Maybe they should have put a couple extra exclamations at the end of the sentence so I actually believed them.

Complete transparency with a client when you a custom dev house is very very difficult.

But one of the unexpected benefits has been that it has actually improved our service and customer interaction. Because we don't do a whole bunch of specing, and requirements gathering upfront etc, I am able to deal with more customers at the same time. So none feel neglected as they get attention and see progress every week.

Well that is what I have learnt so far.......

02:55 pm October 15, 2014

I agree - understanding it is easy, mastering it is difficult - it requires a lot of time, communication and patience.

A great quote by Lyssa Adkins helped me a lot -

"The joyful and willful pursuit of high performance"

Enjoy trying to get better each sprint, release or project. Know that you will continually get knocked back down. (team member leaving, changing product, hardware fails etc).
If you go with this in mind, you should always be content knowing you are pursuing high performance.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.