Skip to main content

Apparent contridication in these open assesment Questions

Last post 08:23 pm October 15, 2014 by Walter Smith
5 replies
10:21 am October 8, 2014

Do these 2 questions contradict each other or am I missing something? I got the first one and missed the second.

Q: During a sprint, the development team determines that it will not be able to finish the complete forecast. Who should be present to review and adjust the sprint work selected?
A: The product owner and the Development team

Q: The dev team should not be interrupted during the sprint, The sprint goal should remain intact. These are conditions that foster creativity. Based on this, which of the following are false?
A: The sprint backlog and its contents are fully formulated in the sprint planning meeting and do not change during the sprint.

My A: The dev team may work with the product owner to remove or add work if it finds it has more or less capacity than it expected.

05:11 am October 9, 2014

First Question: Answer is correct.
Second Question: Answer is false. For an empirical process to work it is necessary to inspect and adapt the plan, which is part of the sprint backlog. In a complex environment it is not possible to predict the sprint completely.
Your Answer is correct. If you missed the question, maybe there was another correct answer you did not check.

07:27 am October 13, 2014

First question says "the development team determines" (inspect). The following "review and adjust the sprint work" is adaptation.

Second question says "dev team should not be interrupted". This implies an external source. Feedback from outside of Scrum Team happens during Sprint Review.

You also have to be careful about what the 2nd question asks for: "which of the following are false?". Everything not following agile values is wrong. A fully formulated Sprint Backlog sounds like a classic project plan.

01:51 pm October 13, 2014

Thanks Ludwig. According to the results, the only correct answer to the second question is the one shown. My answer was marked as incorrect

03:30 pm October 14, 2014

Walter, your answer to the 2nd question is *true*/consistent with Scrum -- but the 2nd question asked for answers that are *false*/inconsistent with Scrum.

08:23 pm October 15, 2014

Thanks Steffen and Charles. I must have re-read that 20 times and didn't catch the false part. When I came back to it today I saw it immediately.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.