Skip to main content

Product Owner Assessment

Last post 01:01 pm October 21, 2014 by Adam Herkert
6 replies
11:14 am October 14, 2014

This is my first post on this forum. I wanted to say thank you to those of you who contribute often as I have read many discussions before I attempted my first assessment. And with your help I have successfully passed the Professional Scrum Master assessment a couple of weeks ago. I have been using scrum for a couple of years now and wanted to enhance my knowledge of the subject so I earned my certification.

Through the process of reading books and reading the discussions through forums like this one, my knowledge has increased tenfold. I highly recommend anyone who is sitting on the fence about taking the assessment to do so as it was an eye opener for myself.

I am now determined to pass the product owner assessment. I have been working with the product owner at my current company for some time and have been reading books as I did for the scrum master assessment. I was wondering if anybody had some suggestions for books that they read that they found useful. I have listed the 2 books below I have read that I found to be engaging.

Agile Product Management with Scrum by Roman Pichler

Agile Product Management with Scrum by Ken Schwaber

Thank you in advance for you help.

03:53 am October 15, 2014

Hi !

I did the same path as you. As a Scrum Master, I feel the need to understand well the role of the PO.

I will add "Scrum Product Ownership" from Robert Galen to your book list.
Good luck

10:46 am October 15, 2014

Hi,
a useful and fast summary is to watch this short (15 min) you tube:
Product Owner summary http://youtu.be/502ILHjX9EE

I hope that this is useful
Regards
Simon

02:55 pm October 17, 2014

Thank you for the recommendations.

I'll be looking into both.

02:53 am October 20, 2014

I'd recommend taking a look at this article that I wrote:

http://ScrumCrazy.com/newpo

02:54 am October 20, 2014

And if you do go down the road of taking the PSPO assessment, I'd be interested in any feedback you might have on how my article helped or where it was lacking. Looking for customer feedback... where have I heard that before? ;-)

01:01 pm October 21, 2014

I'd be happy to pass along any feedback I can.

Thank you

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.