Skip to main content

[Scrum Guide] ".. various processes and techniques."

Last post 02:26 pm December 1, 2014 by Sean McLaughlin
2 replies
01:14 pm November 28, 2014

Hello,

As I reviewed the Scrum Guide, in page 3, second paragraph of "Definition of Scrum",I wonder if you guys could give me some examples of "processes and techniques" that can be employed with SCRUM.

On the top of my head I can think of:

- Processes: RUP(???), Six Sigma (???)
- Techniques: XP, Lean (?)

Thanks in advance.

04:17 am November 29, 2014

any technics to estimate your PBI (planning poker is common but not the only possibility) and any unit (points ; days ; ideal days ; shirt size ; no unit)
any technics to drive your development (TDD ; ATDD...)
any technics to run your retrospective (Ishikawa diagram ; innovation games...)
any technics to materialize your PBI (user-stories ; use-case ; bugs ; requirements...)

02:26 pm December 1, 2014

@ Alexendre -

The phrase "processes and techniques" in paragraph three on page three is part of this statement:
"Scrum is not a process or a technique for building products; rather, it is a framework within which you can employ various processes and techniques."
In this sentence the restatement of "processes and techniques" references the first occurrence, "process or a technique for building products". The Scrum Guide is telling us it is a framework for whatever development tools the delivery team is directly using to produce the next iterative version of the product.
Isn't English wonderful!
:/

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.