Skip to main content

PSM1 Exam Takeaways & PSM2 Revision

Last post 03:59 pm January 21, 2015 by Derek Waterworth
2 replies
01:30 pm January 21, 2015

Just passed the PSM1 course with a score of 68/80 (85%). Used the following for self-study revision:
*Read the scum guide every day for 2 weeks
*Over a three week period completed 3 Open Assessments (Scrum and Developer) per day until I was comfortably completing within 5 minutes and scoring 100%
*Read forum threads around exam questions
*Additional research on burn up/down graphs on Wikipedia & other scrum resources found through Google

I must admit, I found the exam harder than expected and I think its because I operate under a very structured Prince2 methodology at my place of work. I wanted to learn more about Scrum with a view of using it as a framework for some projects going forward.

I'm keen to press on and obtain my Level 2. I noticed there are very few threads around this. Could someone with experience of completing the exam provide some guidance please in terms of revision aids. I'm hesitant based on the $500 exam fee. Thanks in advance,

02:12 pm January 21, 2015

Hi,

Can you please help me with the following clarifications:
1. Approx. how many questions from Scrum Open - SM and Dev comes in the real test ?
2. Did you go thru any other book.
3. Do you mug up the Scrum guide ?

Thanks.

03:59 pm January 21, 2015

Hi,

1.) ~10 from the Scrum Master Open Assessment, 1-2 from the Developer Assessment
2.) No other books were read
3.) Scrum guide religiously read every day for a couple of weeks

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.