Skip to main content

Best Product Owner Training

Last post 08:36 pm January 30, 2015 by Charles Bradley
2 replies
04:05 pm January 30, 2015

Does anyone have a recommendation for Product Owner training?

We are very familiar with the the scrum process (we've been doing it for a year on several projects), but everything we've learned more or less starts with some semblance of a product backlog for a new product from scratch...not enhancing existing products or re-tooling existing systems (which means legacy interfaces, technical stacks, etc.).

I want to find a training that focuses more on the product management activities that lead to the creation of the backlog and less on the mechanics of sprints, refinement, roles, retro, etc. I dont want a course that spends 70% of time re-learning Scrum in general...but something that helps a product owner involve the team in the early phases of defining the product and creating the backlog.

Anyone have experience or suggestions on courses?

Thanks!
Caleb

08:25 pm January 30, 2015

Caleb,

We have 2-3 options for PO classes that might work for you. I've sent you an email on LinkedIn.

You've got mail!

Charles
ScrumCrazy.com

08:36 pm January 30, 2015

For the benefit of others who might see this, we have a course that focuses on "Product Owner and Team Collaboration Techniques" (heavy on the backlog, user stories, etc -- good for PO's and team members who are likely to be involved in the requirements elicitation -- generally that means "technical people who are good communicators").

We also have another PO/Exec course that focuses on Maximizing profits on software via business metrics, as well as crafting a backlog(and other techniques) that allows for acceleration of time to market to capitalize on market opportunities before those opportunities disappear.

I and the other trainers all have "in the trenches" experience with both green field and brown field/legacy apps, as well as technical depth, and we all have experience coaching Product Owners.

Sorry, I think I went into a sales/pitch mode, but just wanted to provide some more detail in case others are interested. Give us a call...

Charles Bradley
Professional Scrum Trainer
http://ScrumCrazy.com/contact

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.