Skip to main content

Feedback & Tips on PSM I

Last post 03:58 pm March 22, 2015 by Anonymous
No replies yet
03:58 pm March 22, 2015

I just passed the PSM I exam with a score of 95%. I would like to thank the contributors of this forum and people who have posted their feedback.

To be honest, when I started preparing for the exam, I thought it would be a piece of cake as I have significant work experience in practicing Scrum. But when I went through various practice exams and questions posted on the forum, I realized it is not going to be that easy.

You definitely have to understand each and every line of the Scrum guide. Read it again and again till you are sure you understand the Scrum principles as prescribed in this guide.

I bought the following practice exam and found it useful in further strengthening understanding of Scrum guide.
http://scrumstar.com/scrum-certification-practice-exam

I also bought the following practice book:

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00ROBVVQU_

I also read the SBOK from:

http://www.scrumstudy.com/sbok-guide.asp

You have to be careful with this one. This is to augment your understanding of Scrum, but always treat Scrum guide as the official reference in case there is conflict in the information.

The exam was as per my expectations. There were definitely some trick questions where your knowledge and understanding of Scrum is really tested. But there are some easy ones as well. As everybody else has mentioned on this forum, do the open assessments multiple times until you get 100% each time. There are a few questions repeated from this in real exam.

The time is more than enough as long as you have a solid understanding of concepts.

One thing that I found a bit unexpected was the number of questions related to multiple scrum teams working on the same product. You must make sure you understand how scrum is implemented in such environments.

There are many experts on this forum more knowledgeable than myself. But if anybody has a question on exam preparation, I will try to help.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.