Skip to main content

Agile for Prod Fix

Last post 04:35 pm February 10, 2016 by Andrzej Zińczuk
2 replies
08:28 pm March 23, 2015

Any one tried to apply Agile for prod fixes.
Once priority is decided it becomes easy to be implement Agile in a way.
Any experience or any deadlock faced.?

08:43 pm March 23, 2015

I believe there are a couple of options -

1. For prod fixes you cannot wait for 2-3 weeks, you have to shorten your sprint cycle so that all critical fixes can be deployed on production within a week or less.

2. You can setup a separate team for fixing the prod issues as and when required, Scrum is not required for it.

3. Based upon the historical data you can keep a buffer of X% in your sprint for prod fixes.

4. Low priority issues can be part of normal sprint cycle.

Also it depends on the way you have setup. You can be working in a mix mode i.e. new code development along with prod issue or just prod issues no new development. The latter is easier to manage.

Regards
Sanjay

04:35 pm February 10, 2016

What would be the goal in such case? I heard once, Jeff Sutherland I think mentioned it, the goal for operational team could e.q. improve the element in process of supporting customers - not solve some particular issues. In simply words, focus on how to deal with fixes in most efficient way as goal - like 10% of capacity, rest treat as something which you cannot plan (fixes, operational tasks etc) - 90% of capacity

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.