Skip to main content

PSM Exam + RETROSPECTIVE

Last post 08:03 pm July 7, 2015 by Eduardo Rodrigues Sucena
4 replies
06:21 am March 27, 2015

Good ideas
1. Open assessment available with scrum guide and resources to read. Corrected answers available!
2. Responsive from scrum support team. Fast, good communication.
3. PSM Exam platform is fast, works fine on Chrome.
4. PSM Exam pointing number of corrected questions is great help.

Improvement
1. Open assessment .
-It should include some more complicated questions as in real exam to give you an idea about real difficulty
-There should be bigger database of questions.
-There should not be repeated questions like who is on scrum team – appears usually twice.

2. Scrum guide should be in a few places more precise and clear - pointed in other my posts.

3. PSM exam. The questions are sometimes to "test your English" rather than scrum knowledge. Sometimes it uses words not common for non-native speakers. Questions might be long as the answers are.

4. PSM exam. The Submit Forward button should not be replaced by Save and Finish. It should also ask you to reconfirm the finish - you might easily finish the exam without intending to do so. In open examyou confirm finish.

Advice
1. Use open assessment - note that It is EASY. Scoring there 100% is a must but means relatively nothing. Scoring 100% means that you MEMORIZED set of about 40 questions, from which a few will be on exam (out of 80). Try to understand why the other answers are wrong, try to refer it to scrum guide and scrum main concepts.

2. Reading scrum guide is not enough, you must understand the framework in depth. Use online videos, links from previous posts and make sure that you understand what really main concepts in Scrum mean. E.g. self-organizing teams mean that authority is completely left to the team. They organize themselves, work etc. There is no standard management involved. This may be not aligned with your experience and "common sense"!!! Even in companies using scrum!!!

3. Reading many Times scrum guide is useless - read it in a way you understand it not quantity but quality!!!

4. The experience is not that crucial on that exam as stated in previous posts, of course when you do something it requires usually more in depth understanding so it is a way but not a must. Be careful with experience with "scrum" - your organization might not use really scrum.

5. Prepare yourself from English perspective - make familiar yourself with wording in Scrum Guide, open assessment, links to make sure you understand the words in the context they are used.

6. Read questions carefully and answers too. Repeat reading question when you do not get it. Take care about how many answers are pointed as to be correct.

7. PSM course - depends who runs it I believe is not needed, their objective also might differ this is not a course to prepare you for the exam, but give general overview of scrum.

Good luck
Romek

07:23 am March 29, 2015

Hi Romek.

Do you recommend videos to watch before making the PSM I exam?

Can you provide their URLs on YouTube?

Thanks.

02:59 am March 31, 2015

Dear Ahmad,
I looked for anything related to scrum and Ken and Jeff on youtube - there were some links in previous posts.

It is difficult now for me is to point exact videos as I did not store the links.

Videos will rather give you general overview than exact knowledge.

Cheers,
Romuald

12:21 pm April 3, 2015

Thanks Romuald! :)

08:03 pm July 7, 2015

Hello Ahmad.

I reviwed a Simulated Exams for PSM I and wrote an article about my opinion.
It really can help you to get more prepared for passing on PSM I.

Here is the link: http://getscrum.com/2015/05/28/psm-i-simulated-exam-review/

I hope you enjoy it.
Hugs and Peace.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.