Skip to main content

Assessments badges format

Last post 02:24 pm August 18, 2021 by Eric Naiburg
18 replies
12:05 pm August 13, 2015

Hi Scrum.org team !

I've just passed the PSM1 with success(!!!), so I've received my badge and my certificate.
I wonder if it is planned in your roadmap (or backlog ;) ) to transform the png badges into openbadges format (http://openbadges.org) ?
It could be really cool to include them into LinkedIn profiles or else.
Thanks for your reply.

best regards

01:10 pm November 15, 2018

First of all, it's disappointing to see that nobody has replied to this post since 2015. I've just finished my PSM I course + certification for 1500$ and received the "badge" which really is a low resolution image file that anyone can download in slightly better resolution from Google Images.

I was surprised to learn that it can't be imported to my open badge collection or added to my linkedIn profile since it doesn't have any baked in metadata for validation. I thought that openBadge 2.0 was a standard format for distribution of certififcation tokens nowadays. Time to catch up scrum.org.

07:37 pm November 15, 2018

Hi Felix, thank you for the note.  Open Badge is just one of several badging platforms on the market and none seem to dominate over the other at this time.  We have investigated several and they all have their positive and negatives, as we will continue to look at other badging technologies moving forward.  Our Support Team will contact you shortly with a higher quality badge image as per your request.

Additionally, please use the email you received to associate your class with your profile.  This is another benefit you received, but not yet taken advantage of.  Your class participation can be associated with your profile.  

If you have further questions, feel free to reach out to support@scrum.org. 

10:24 am November 16, 2018

Hi Eric, thank you for your timely reply and for pointing me towards the email for association with my profile. It's also good to know that scrum.org is actively working towards a collaboration with some badging platform.

06:00 pm November 17, 2018

If I link to "PMI-ACP", you get this page.  Cert name and acronym, a brief description, the requirements, issuer and issue date, and expiration date, all in one place.  Compare that to the page we're currently recommended to link to here, our profile page.  To get more information you have to navigate through both the Certification pages and the Community -> Search pages.

Having all the relevant information on one page is always a nice quality of life improvement, whether that's done in-house or through a badging platform.

11:45 am November 20, 2018

I have to agree with Jason here. With other certifications, you get your certificate number, linking to profile/information on the certificate etc. It's a bit of a shame that the only thing scrum.org offers is the workaround of using the user-id as certificate number and linking to a not that informative online profile.

04:41 pm December 17, 2018

@Steven and @Jason thank you for the feedback and we are working on certification improvements, please stay tuned.

11:01 pm December 19, 2018

Thanks Eric, please keep us posted as this is important to us because we hold more than one scrum.org certification. 

08:31 am February 7, 2019

Hi, I'd like to support the demand for an open badge and ask what alternatives you are exploring. 

01:42 pm April 22, 2019

5 months later... and no news...

06:18 pm May 8, 2019

Yes, definitely need to upgrade the certification and badging to industry standard. I am waiting for some updates too...

07:03 pm May 9, 2019

And the problem is that there is no "standard", there are several and we are working to ensure the correct solution that will meet our users needs.  Stay tuned.

03:11 pm June 11, 2019

Thank you for your patience.  We have implemented Open Badges for our assessment certifications.  You can download your Open Badges 2.0 compatible badge image by visiting your user profile at Scrum.org.  You will see an option to download a badge image or copy a URL.  The PDF certificate is also still available.

Using the badge image or URL you can add your achievement to your Open Badges backpack using Badgr, and subsequently share your achievement on LinkedIn and other social media platforms.

You can also provide the badge image or URL to someone else, such as a prospective employer, so that they may verify your achievement through https://badgecheck.io/.  Note: If you are validating the badge and providing your e-mail address for additional verification please enter your e-mail address on the form using all lower-case characters.  The e-mail address associated with your badge will be the address that you had on your Scrum.org profile at the time that you passed the assessment.

-Rob

Scrum.org Assessment Manager

07:34 am June 26, 2019

@Rob Thank you so much for this update! I am more than excited to use. I am glad that I followed this forum topic throughout! 

05:20 pm June 26, 2019

@Eric Naiburg, @Rob Apmann, Is Scrum.Org sending notifications to their certified members regarding this new feature/change?

06:37 pm June 26, 2019

Thanks @Steve.  We will be publishing the update in an upcoming newsletter.

12:18 am June 27, 2019

Thank you for the update Eric. I completed my PSPO I & PSM I and was looking for a way to share the badge on linkedin, when I chanced upon this thread!

12:35 pm July 1, 2019

You have to register an account OpenBadge first.

Then you are able to download a badge.

:) 

02:24 pm August 18, 2021

Hi all, today we announced our commitment to supporting the Credly/Acclaim platform. Learn more here

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.