Skip to main content

PSM 1 Certified. My thoughts on passing the assessment

Last post 10:35 am November 2, 2015 by Anonymous
No replies yet
07:56 am October 31, 2015

Hi

I was able to pass PSM 1 assessment successfully in my first attempt.

To all those who are preparing for the exam, here a re few tips from my experience,

I had attended the PSM training a week back, but I won't say, it is mandatory to pass the PSM1 assessment. The training would give more idea on how to facilitate the scrum events and how to mentor/coach the scrum teams.

The following are mandatory for passing the assessment

a) Develop a thorough understanding of the Scrum guide. This guide is the ultimate tutor and whatever we are trying to learn outside of the scrum guide, is not necessary to pass the assessment.

b) Develop a strong understanding on concepts such as "Definition of Done", "Roles and Responsibilities of product Owner", "Roles and Responsibilities of development team" and "the scrum events".

c) Attend the open assessments provided by Scrum.org. I had taken the open assessment for Scrum Fundamentals atleast 20 times and the one for Developer, atleast 10 times. I had not tried open assessments for Nexus and Product owner. I got about 8 - 10 questions from these assessments.

d) I had tried the assessments from EuropeanScrum and found them to be useful. We get 10 free attempts once we register. I used 7 of those. Those assessments were more difficult than the open assessments, but I have a few doubts on the answers provided for those questions.

e) During the assessment, please bookmark all those you are doubtful and move along. At the end, you will get enough time to reassess the bookmarked ones. You can relax, read the options again, read the scrum guide if required and decide on the answer.

Beyond this, I have not read any blogs, books or taken any assessments. I would advice not to do so while preparing for the actual assessment as it would cause confusion. The scrum guide is the one and only reference we need to pass the assessment.

Wish all of you the best.

Regards

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.