Skip to main content

Need Guidance and Clarification - PSM 1 preparation

Last post 07:20 am April 1, 2016 by Shahid Aslam
3 replies
05:11 pm March 28, 2016

Dear All,

I am preparing rigorously for the 2nd time as first time i failed with 81 % (though i prepared well).

Now i have completely gone through numerous times :

Scrum Guide (more than 3-4 times) +
Open Assessment of PO / SCRUM / Developer on scrum.org (getting 100 )+
Practise exams from mplaza and mplashin
Some more pocket guides and videos from youtube.

Any other suggestions/inputs ?

Also Can someone help in clarfying the below questions:

1.) The Product Owner and Scrum Master should not be part of the Development Team.

True or False ? I feel its true but always confused how this question relates.

2.)What does it mean to say a Product Backlog item is Done? Choose all that apply

A-The item can be a part of a potentially releasable piece of software
B-The item creates a software that is usable by the end user
c-The item is ready for user acceptance testing
D-The item has all the quality requirements defined by the Product Owner
E-No work left based on the Definition of Done
F-The item is ready for functional testing by the Product Owner
G-All tasks identified for the item are done

3.)Which of the following is the most important concern in scaled Scrum?

a.Assigning items to teams
b.Coordinating the activities of teams
c.Having a clear Definition of Done that works for all teams
d.Minimizing dependencies between teams
e.Making sure there’s enough work for all teams

Regards,
Sadha

02:05 pm March 31, 2016

-----
Development Team Size
The Product Owner and Scrum Master roles are not included in this count unless they are also executing the work of the Sprint Backlog.
-----

This statement from Scrum guide shows that Scrum Master and Product Owner can be in Development team

02:11 pm March 31, 2016

I don't have answers to 2) and 3) if I find it, will let you know.
Does these questions came during your 1st attempt ?

07:20 am April 1, 2016

First of all best of luck with taking the exam... Here is what I think are the correct answers:

1) I agree Scrum master and product owner can be part of a development team.

2) Definition of done is based on it being potentially shippable i.e. nothing else needs to be done to an increment... As this is a product backlog item then this indicates the product owner has accepted the work. Therefore: a,b,d,e,g apply...

3) If its just one answer then my view is d) noting c) if its more than one answer... My rationale is that teams must be self organizing, cross functional and be able to create a product increment... Introducing dependencies into that can cause sever impact to work and with regards to "Definition of Done" - thats an implicit part of scrum where as organizing teams and splitting work to reduce dependencies requires effort and adequate resources to be in place...

Hope that helps!

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.