Passed PSM I with 100% Now thinking about PSM II...
It's my first post here and as such I'm really excited to join this wonderful community... I passed the PSMI on my first attempt with 100% ;-) As such the advise on the forum really helped...
In particular I found watching/listening to Ken Schwaber and Jeff Sutherland speak on various lectures recorded online really helped with consolidating and understanding Scrum - especially from a philosphical view... Very inspiring to hear these guys speak and some what interested in taking the next step of the journey with regards to PSM II and perhaps becoming a trainer one day...
Curious to know from other PSM II holders on how to go about studying for that?... I have a number of years experience within agile and feel tempted to try for the PSM II in the short term... Are they any books or resources which you recommend which can help with PSM II? Also are they any sample tests of PSM II as I've searched online and can't find anything other than some vague comments about it being a mix of multi-choice and written short answers and some even stating its essays...
Appreciate any inputs that you can offer!
Great to see who has cleared PSM I with 100%, Keep it up
Well I can't claim 100%, but 98.75% (1 miss out of 80) for me 1st time taking the test is close enough !!
My thanks to all on this board for their guidance in assisting me to the right materials for studying and confidently accomplishing this.
Congrats .. I also passed the PSM 1 in my first attempt utilizing many of the suggestions from this forum (read a few books, took the practice assessment until I consistently scored a 100%) and also used a few several practice tests from a firm called Management Plaza. Again, taking the practice test over and over until I got a 95% or better. The Management Plaza practice tests gave me the confidence that I could pass based on their 80 questions in 60 mins .. I was initially worried that I would not have enough time to complete the test ...but I finished in 45 minutes.
A big congrats to Tim and George! I hope you've updated your CV now with hopefully new opportunities on the horizons ;-) Any plans to go for the PSM II?
Actually, I will first try to pass the PSPO I and then PSPO II, since I'm more aligned with the business these days.
I would like to thank everyone who have shared their experiences and best practices to clear PSM1.
I cleared the exam and scored 98.8%
Here are my few cents for all those preparing to give the exam.
1. SCRUM GUIDE - This is the key. Read it and understand meaning of every word on it. Don’t just read to pass the exam but also to apply it in your organisation. Keep reading every line again and again until you are very much clear behind its meaning. Try to relate it with real life experiences.
2. Once you are clear, now is the time to test your knowledge.There are many practice tests available online, some are easy and some are really tricky but don’t get scared of it. TRUST what you know, and what you have learnt. Attempt Open Assessments for SM and PO as many times you can, I attempted for almost 8-10 times each. Mikhail Lapshin - This will test your understanding further more as it has both LM and RM. Don’t worry if you get wrong answers, in-fact it is good as you get to learn the reason behind it. It’s better to fail now than later.
Remember, questions that you see in the exam could have be rephrased but they are mostly referring to basic scrum principles mentioned in scrum guide.
All the best!!!
Hi all, Happy to report I passed the PSM 1 with a 97.5% in 39 minutes without needing notes. My study plan is very similar to what everyone else has said and I documented my study plan here: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-i-passed-psm-1-975-jai-chapple-psm
I have passed PSM I and thinking of going for PSM II. Can you please suggest how to prepare for it? Thanks!
Completed PSM1 today.
Went through Scrum Narrative by Soukath Ali for understanding basic
Studied scrum guide 5 to 6 times
Took open assessment on scrum and PO from scrum.org untill i scored 100% consistently.
Took mock tests given by Mlapshin
Gone through Udemy course by Valentin
All these helped me to rule out the invalid options easily for each question.
You need to be really quick as time runs out fast during exam, there is also slowness after crossing 40th question while navigating..
So guys, prepare well. All the best!
I hope you are all fine. As I have passed with 100% score in PSM1 exam, I wish to share my experiences with you:
1. Scrum Guide should be studied carefully line by line and try to comprehend it fully.
2. It is highly recommended to answer the questions of “Open Scrum”, “Product Owner Open”, “Nexus Open” so that finally you can answer all the questions in 5-10 minutes with 100% score.
3. It is highly recommended to answer the questions of “mlapshin” website several times so that you can answer all of its questions in 15-20 minutes with 100% score.
Mlapshin website: https://mlapshin.com/index.php/scrum-quizzes/sm-real-mode/
4. It is highly recommended to read “Scrum Question” section along with users’ comments carefully in the following website:
5. The Scrum Master course in www.volkerdon.com website has been useful and it can be used for free and it is highly recommended to take this course.
6. Please read Scrum Glossary as well.
7. During the exam, please note that for some of the questions more than one answer need to be marked. Moreover, please pay attention to the word “NOT” in the questions.
8. If you are competent enough for the exam, you can answer the questions in 30-35 minutes and you can also review your answers to the questions once. In case you are hesitant about some of your answers, you can use book mark option so that you can check your answers again at the time of review.
9. Sample questions that are available online in the internet can be a good source but some of the answers may not be correct so do not trust the answers fully.
Wishing you success,
Hi Shahid Aslam,
Congrats for clearing PSM1.
Can you provide some inputs in preparing for PSM1 and also share your experience on exam pattern.
I am planning to take PSM1 exam.
I passed PSM I yesterday with 95%. I thank everybody in the forum for providing there valuable suggestions/feedback and I am planning to continue my journey on PSM II.
All the Best to my friends preparing for PSM I.
I`m planning to take PSM1 exam.
Can you provide some inputs in preparing for PSM1 and also share your experience on exam pattern?
I have done “Open Scrum” test for 30 from 30, already
I will plan to answer the questions of “Product Owner Open”, “Nexus Open”.
I read in previous messages, that I should answer the questions of “mlapshin” website. But I see that those questions are based on the Scrum Guide v2017. Is a big difference in the tests what based on Scrum Guide v2017 and v2020?
What else I need to do, to pass PSM1 exam for 100%?
First of all congratulations. I'm preparing for PSM1 and wish to take the certificate in a few days. There are not yet preparing mock exams updated on the internet. How were the exam questions? Were they confusing a lot?
Thank you. The exam questions are not that difficult, only you need to go through the Scrum Guide in detail and do Open assessments, Mock tests from "mlapshin" and volkerdon. Read the questions very carefully and answer.
All the best.