Skip to main content

PSM I - Things I found to be useful

Last post 02:18 pm July 12, 2022 by Ícaro Nascimento
1 reply
06:52 pm May 18, 2016

Hi all - this is my first post on here, so be gentle!

Passed PSM I today, after having failed it first time around. Slightly infuriating that I missed out by a small margin (got 81% first time round).

I'm not going to go through the preparation steps I took, as there are plenty of posts on how to do that. Much more eloquently written than anything I can muster, may I add!

That being said, I'd like to mention some pointers during the actual exam:

1. Read the question. This is the most important tip I can give. Even though you've mastered the practice questions, exam conditions bring out the worst in us. For example, you've selected the perfect answer to the question "What is the Scrum Master's main responsibility?". However, the question is asking about the Product Owner's main responsibility.

2. If you have time at the end, check all your answers, not just the ones you've bookmarked. Misclicks happen and a couple of minutes checking could be the difference between a fail and a pass. Also see point 1.

3. Don't panic. The first three questions were real tough ones for me, so it was quite demoralising to start with. If it happens to you, bookmark them and move on. Tick off the easier questions and come back.

4. I found familiar surroundings and equipment useful. Appreciate not everyone is able to do this, but using my own computer and mouse bought me valuable seconds per question. It all adds up!

5. Don't overthink things - the questions are not there to trick you, though some do require putting the Scrum Guide into practice in unfamiliar ways. If you can rationalise why your answer is right, it most likely is.

Hope this helps!

Neal

02:18 pm July 12, 2022

Great tips!

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.