Skip to main content

The Scrum Guide History

Last post 01:28 pm September 13, 2016 by T Srinivasulu
5 replies
09:28 pm August 3, 2016

Please expose past versions of The Scrum Guide and the revision notes on this site or ScrumGuides.org

A valuable resource and teaching aid during my journey to understanding the Scrum framework was the revisions to the 2011 creating the 2013 version of The Scrum Guide. When the 2016 update was released a few weeks ago I was glad for the list of revisions and webcast about those changes. Sadly, the previous one was removed. Thankfully an email led to the receipt of a copy of that history again. Since then I have spent a good bit of time with the internet Wayback Machine to gather several more versions and revisions.

10:59 am August 4, 2016

I agree with Alan, revision notes are particularly important to understand why the Scrum Guide evolve in wich direction.

By the way, I'm very happy to have the 5 core values written explicitely in the 2016 version.
It's very important to me because people around me talk a lot about "agile best practices" without commitment to the agile and Scrum values.

04:59 pm August 8, 2016

Thank you for the feedback and the previous revisions will be added back to the Scrum Guides site as well.

02:51 pm August 11, 2016

Thank you, Mr. Naiburg!

05:14 pm September 4, 2016

Ideally the scrum guide could be maintained under an open source "version control system" which enables viewing change log(s) and/or easier comparison with previous versions.

01:28 pm September 13, 2016

+1 @Shabid. Any Open Source Version Control System will do.

T

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.