Skip to main content

Questions about reusability in Scrum

Last post 10:14 pm June 19, 2023 by naglaa eldanasory
3 replies
12:10 pm June 16, 2023

Hello everyone. I prepare Ph.D. in the subject "Enhancing Scrum". I need to do a university system by reusing an existing school system with some modifications and using SOLID principles in coding.

1. Do the reusability in the proposed system speeds up the development?
  2. Do the reusability in the proposed system beneficial for the organizations?
  3. Do the reusability in the proposed system more effective?
  4. Do the reusability in the proposed system increase effort?
  5. Do the reusability in the proposed system easy to understand?
  6. Do the reusability in the proposed system easy to use?
  7. Do the reusability in the proposed system achieve time to market?
  8. Do the reusability in the proposed system achieve scalability?

can anyone here help me in answering these questions? because you have experience in this field. thank you so much.

01:03 pm June 18, 2023

I will try to answer, but the questions are not shaped clearly enough.

When talking about "reusability" what, exactly, do you mean?

Adapting Scrum, Agile in general, changing the programming techniques?

Scrum does not CHANGE the existing practices. It wraps around them or deems some useless ones unusable.

Market success of Scrum in commercial firms(with success in non profit organizations being still questionable) is achieved not by forcing productivity(which increases naturally), but by reducing waste and creating security mechanisms to identify problems early, and avoiding bigger losses.

Which obviously helps achieve higher revenue by reducing cost and making developers more efficient.

Scrum is very easy to understand, if it is learnt properly. But unfortunately the tree of Scrum is covered by some sort of harmful parasitic misconceptions which have nothing with actual implementation of Scrum, but are widely considered part of Scrum my many practitioners, and even some Agile coaches. I made an example of "story points" in one of the previous publications.

Scrum is not easy to practice, even for those who understand it. New challenges constantly come from the market, human prejudice, other unpredictable reasons.

Scrum itself does not change anything in the way developers exercise their professional duties, it simply gives more room for experimenting and learning. 

10:11 pm June 19, 2023

I mean reuse a project such as school system in new one such as university in same domain or scope. but it needs some modification according to university. do this process takes time?

10:14 pm June 19, 2023

no I'm not changing programming language. I change name of functions and classes but it is same of functionalities.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.