Skip to main content

Scrum.org Terms of Use

Last post 09:13 am July 10, 2023 by Julio Herrera
20 replies
09:57 pm March 8, 2017

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, self promotion, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.

06:36 am August 25, 2018

Yes.Thanks for the update.

05:46 pm August 26, 2018

Is it necessary to have these terms as a fixed topic on the forum?

It is frustrating to have to scroll past this thread every time I check for new posts. The terms are pretty obvious, and already visible at the bottom of each page.

11:02 pm August 26, 2018

It is frustrating to have to scroll past this thread every time I check for new posts.

(^_^)

Especially when browsing the web with a mobile phone.

07:17 am September 10, 2018

As a new member I would like to give some feedback and share the following experiences regarding the use of the forum (I am not sure if this is the correct place to do so, if no please take corrective actions):

• Creating my first topic I was a little bit confused that it did not show up right away, but only after the submission has been approved (after some time). Maybe I missed an important piece of information while I created the topic, but I could not find a concrete, clearly visible & outstanding hint that this is the applied process. Also I did not get any email stating something like "Your topic is waiting for approval". Could this cause people to submit multiple times and be confused?
  • Same applies for the first few comments: they get submitted only after approval (I assume a review has been done?). At first this is again a bit confusing. I then just estimated that it might be the same as for new topics.
  • I was just about to create a new topic for a specific question, but I am unable to do so. I get a hint on the top of the forum page: "You are not allowed to post new content in the forum." I am again slightly confused as to why I am not allowed to create a new topic. Is there maybe a possibility for improvement?

I read through the terms of service, but also there I did not find a hint.

01:40 pm September 10, 2018

I was just about to create a new topic for a specific question, but I am unable to do so. I get a hint on the top of the forum page: "You are not allowed to post new content in the forum."

I get this too, and as a regular contributor (who as far as he knows) has never misbehaved here, and given that the message is not properly styled, I am guessing it's some kind of bug or configuration issue with the forum.

03:26 pm September 10, 2018

Hello Julien and Simon.

First, thank you for your interest in our community, it's great that people want to actively participate and learn more about Scrum, and it's also great that you want to contribute back!

Yesterday we discovered an attempt to abuse the forum system. A few accounts were obviously attempting to spam post, however, our moderation system thwarted the attempt, as it's intended to do. The frequency of this spam caused us to bring down forum posting as a temporary fix. We're actively working on a solution and will have this back up ASAP.

Thank you for your patience!

Ryan

04:35 pm September 10, 2018

Hi Ryan,

thank you for the quick feedback, very much appreciated!

Sad to hear about the spam situation, keeping my fingers crossed you will be able to resolve it soon.

05:27 pm September 12, 2018

Hi Julien and Simon,

Forum functionality has been restored.

Thank you for your patience.

Ryan

02:51 pm May 23, 2019

This is probably the most adequate forum rules thread I've seen.

Usually it's 97 points with a secret question somewhere in the middle that you need to answer before submitting your first post or they steal your first-born. :D

10:54 pm August 14, 2019

Is there a reason why there is a reCaptcha checkbox for logged in users? Posting responses as a logged in (and long-time) user always asks me to check this box, and often ask to "check all images that contain traffic lights" for example, at least once and often multiple times.

Can this be disabled?

01:22 am August 15, 2019

@Ben, it is there to prevent Spammers.  We have been attacked in the past and have seen many attempts since, but they have been prevented with this new Captcha.

11:15 pm June 28, 2020

I am looking for guidance on being notified on updates to forum threads where I have made an update. I do get an e-mail notification when my update on a thread gets approved but no notification if there is a further response by someone else on that same thread thus end up having to do a manual periodic check to see if there is a response where I may be looking for one. Kindly assist. Thank you.

04:54 pm June 29, 2020

Hi @Dibbha,

You would add that link to your RSS Feed Reader or email browser. Here is a google link that explains for most browsers.

10:03 pm June 29, 2020

Thank you Eric.

01:29 am November 1, 2020

Is it necessary to have these terms as a fixed topic on the forum?

It is frustrating to have to scroll past this thread every time I check for new posts. The terms are pretty obvious, and already visible at the bottom of each page.

Indeed, I also think that several major topics should be separated so that people in related fields can choose and participate in the corresponding topics.

05:01 am November 1, 2020

@Gongyuan, you may not be new to the forum, but many people are and often we have to refer back to them during moderation and for other reasons.

05:01 am November 1, 2020

@Gongyuan, you may not be new to the forum, but many people are and often we have to refer back to them during moderation and for other reasons.

10:02 pm March 7, 2021

@Eric: May i please understand, What is this forum, threads for?

Is it for asking a question from novice like me which will then be responded by the guru's?

Or

Is it for asking a question from novice like me and then answering the counter question of a guru?

I am new and FRUSTATED. On every single thread i open, the very first response or max the second are from a guru asking counter question to the poster instead of answering the original question. Moreover when the original poster try to clarify what guru is saying, the guru never responds back and left him in lurch. The counter questions left me confused and i end up doubting myself on my understanding of the subject. This pattern goes back many years.

Is there a feature to block someone, so that I will not be seeing a particular person's responses?

01:17 am March 8, 2021

@Ajay, it is for people to ask questions, share answers, share experiences to help each other learn.  Remember, that Scrum and especially the Scrum Master role has many stances including coaching and often you get to answers by asking more questions or coaching the people/person asking the question to think further as they drive toward answers... 

There is not a feature to block who you see, however the forum is moderated to ensure no abuse and that terms are followed.  If you have an example of an issue please email support@scrum.org

09:13 am July 10, 2023

Thank you so much for sharing the update.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.