Skip to main content

PSM I Certification

Last post 06:35 pm June 22, 2017 by Boris Kamenetckii
No replies yet
06:35 pm June 22, 2017

Hello.

I have passed PSM I exam (97.5%), while preparing for PSPO I certification.

I would like to thank Great Scrum Professionals, whose excellent tips, articles and books allowed me 

to become Professional Scrum Master:

- Charles Bradley - for his clear and comprehensive answers here (I have read many of them and I definitely

recommend  to get acquainted with all his articles);

- Sukru Ali Saracoglu - for his recommendations on the topic How to prepare for PSPO I exam (this very recommendations

allowed me to pass PSM I exam);

- Ian Mitchell - for his deep and detailed answers to those people, who are asking for help and advice on this forum;

- Sally Elatta - for her Very interesting, absorbing Agile videos (I spent a lot of time, watching them and for me it was joy);

- Gunther Verheyen - for his wonderful book  "Scrum - A Pocket Guide (A Smart Travel Companion)

(this book contains everything, that is needed to understand Scrum framework better - many answers could be found there);

- Kenneth S. Rubin - for his amazing book "Essential Scrum" (illustrations for this book are really outstanding and

even complex topics are described in simple terms; I can add even more: I would be extremely happy to see the book

of Kenneth S. Rubin in the section Subject Areas for Scrum Master. I really like his book);

- and, of course, Ken Schwaber and Jeff Sutherland (without them my journey in the world of Scrum would never begin).

To everyone, who wants to pass PSM I exam, I strongly recommend:

1) Read, read and read the Scrum Guide - not to remember every word, but to understand.  

2) Write down all questions you have and try to find answers (but be careful - don't use web sources

occasionally - from my own experience I know, that those can contradict the Scrum Guide (!)).

So, use only verified and recommended sources.

3) Don't forget to read the Nexus Guide. There are questions concerning Scrum at scale.

4) Use all (!) Open Assessments to check your knowledge, but don't deceive yourselves - real assessment is much more difficult.

5) If you feel you are not ready - you are not ready. If you think you have to read some (recommended) book - read it.

When you are ready for the examination, you will feel confidence.

I wish you good luck!

I'm now engineer. And, unfortunately, my organization doesn't apply Scrum.

But I dream, that one day I will wake up, go to the office and hear:

"This is our Product Owner". 

Sincerely yours,

Boris Kamenetckii

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.