Skip to main content

PSM1 - Passed

Last post 04:59 pm June 17, 2019 by Pavel Zrzavý
3 replies
06:17 am July 10, 2017

A little background first. I was actually preparing for PMI-ACP, and mid-way in my preparation and I felt Scrum Guide needs a thorough review.

After going through it a couple of times, and googling for my doubts withing it, I tried Scrum Open Assessment and got 95+ in first attempt. In that process, I also came to know PSM1 can be given without training, unlike CSM.

So I decided to give PSM1 a shot, and sat for the exam today. I passed with 94 percent.

Here are my 2 cents on how to prepare.

1. Read success story posts on this forum. This gave me a clear direction of how to prepare.

2. Three Resources: Scrum Guide, Scrum Open Assessment, and Mikhail Lapshin's practice exam in real mode.

3. Be an active reader, involve yourself with the Scrum guide and respect its density. Question yourself about understanding of specific rules, roles, artifacts, and events.

4. Take Mikhail Lapshin's practice exam only when you score 100% consistently in Scrum Open.

However, I was confident about passing the exam, I really struggled with a few questions. Some are quite tricky, and would most probably trap one, if one do not read the question and answer choices clearly. For example, a question threw me off about my understanding and link between Sprint Goal and Sprint Backlog.

Now, I will shift my focus back to PMI-ACP.

Cheers!

11:34 am November 3, 2018

Congrats Mukesh.

Looks like we have similar stories; I was studying for the PMI-ACP and midway I picked up PSM1 and I used the same materials to study as well which I picked up from the forum.

I passed PSM1 on the first attempt by exactly 85% without finishing all the questions because I ran out of time, also I used less than a week to study for it, I advise more study time should be invested in preparing for the exam. 

The questions are quite tricky too.

Links/Materials I used to prepare were;

1. Scrum Guide (of course)

2. http://mlapshin.com/index.php/scrum-quizzes/sm-learning-mode/

3. https://www.techagilist.com/practice-exams/psm-i-practice-test/psm-prac…

I noticed that the materials were although very helpful but not sufficient. Is there a better way to prepare apart from more and more years of experience?

I was really happy and relieved that I don't have to retake it.

All the best to everyone about to take the exam

09:43 am November 19, 2018

I am getting 100% in my last 5 out of 7 attempts in Scrum Open Assessment.

Shall I go for PSM 1 ?

07:32 am June 17, 2019

I have also passed PSM I. and even though I did not read this particular thread I was following the very same path as you Nitin Patel. I agree on everything and want to add something - be really careful about where you go for online exam simulators. Mikhail Lapshin's is OK, but when I checked several different (even paid in the trial mode) I have found some mistakes in their correct answers/explanations. Also, my finding is that most of these different sites have the same questions set, just mixed or changed a bit so it really does not matter where you go.

I did pass my exam without spending a cent on exam simulators and I am happy that I was not misled by them.

I wish the best luck to all who are preparing!

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.