My story to PSM-1(Passed 91%)
Last week, I passed PSMI (PSM-1) with 91.3% . I would like to thank and mention few resources which were helpful during this preparation and made this successful in first attempt for me.
I would like to suggest below sequence for the preparation of PSM1
- Read scrum guide once – To know basic concepts and Jargon (without notes)
- Read scrum Glossary – To know one liner or Definition or concepts.
- Take One open assessment test on scrum.org – To know what kind of questions you will face in real exam
- Read scrum guide 2nd time – This time make notes of points or use your learning technique e.g. Memory maps
- Read Mplaza Training material – available online – To know concepts in detailed explanation
- Read Scrum narrative and PSM exam guide (paid e-Book) . To prepare yourself for PSM and its concepts in very detailed manner. Book has lot of practice questions. It really help you prepare for Exam.
- Go thru Scrum.org Forums for questions which could have tricky answers
- Read Scrum guide again and this time read word by word.
- If you feel confident now. then start practice for Open assessments. repeat practice questions till you get 100% at least three consecutive times.
- Take mpalshin Practice exam in Learning and Real mode. Repeat this if you don’t pass this.
- At last , once you feel confident that you have prepared enough. Read scrum guide one more time.
- Read Burndown chart(goggle/wiki) , Nexus guide from Scrum.org
- Write Exam with confidence. Make sure speed is key .
I did the scrum open assessment 5 times, nexus 2 times, developer once (but is not recommendable), product owner 3 times, http://mlapshin.com/index.php/psm-quiz/ twice . Also Read Scrum guide at least 3-4 times.
Good luck With your attempt !!