PSPO 1 preparation
First of all I want to say that this is not advertisement. I just want your advice how to prepare for PSPO 1 certification.
Unfortunatelly my first attempt was unsuccessfull (84%) and I think that just to know Scrum Guide is not enough to pass PSPO 1 exam. In this case I began to search for new source to learn more about PSPO and to try pass mock exam. So i've searched three sources. What do you think about them? Are they good enough to pay money or not?
Or maybe you will advise me another sites, will be appreciated for this :)
Feels good to share with all of you that I have earned the PSPO 1 certification. Few questions were very tricky which actually require some real time experience. Many Thanks to the forum.
For the benefit of PSPO I aspiring candidates, publishing my journey.
1) Go through the Scrum Guide until you are very clear on what every single word means.
2) Nexus Guide would be of great help.
3) Evidence Based Management guide is a must read for getting the understanding of KVA's (Current Value, T2M, Ability to Innovate and Unrealized value(UV) ).
4) Guide to Pass PSPO 1 by Mohammed Musthafa Soukath Ali. This has good repository of challenging questions. Also, beautifully captured the Product Vision, Product Value and Product Backlog Management.
5) Mikhail Lapshin's PSPO I™ Preparation Quiz – Real Mode- It has good collection of questions and it's free of cost. Many Thanks to Mikhail.
6) Management Plaza's PSPO material.
7) Scrum Open assessments for PSM and PSPO. I tried for nexus as well :-)
Hello Gunther. There are a lot of forum posts explaining each candidate's journey to passing the PSPO I. The reason you're not finding them is possibly because you're searching for PSPO 1 instead of PSPO I.
If you or your employer are willing to invest in your education, I highly recommend taking the PSPO and PSPO-A in-person courses led by PSTs. No guarantees that you'll pass the certification exams but the courses will show up in your profile and will give you good foundational knowledge to build upon.
This is my first post.
I'm a Scrum Master and planning to take PSPO I certification .Since i'm job hunting right now i have more time to study - Maybe 6 hours a day. I did couple of mock tests as well and my score is not too bad.
Considering all this, is it possible to pass the PSPO I with 1 week preparation?
Thoughts? Since the reattempt will cost again $200/- i want to hear from others.
I just took my PSM1 exam and passed with 88%. Having been implementing scrum for a year, I took 2 days to prepare for the exam.
1) Go through the scrum guide as thoroughly as possible and I would suggest to take notes.
2) Take the open assessment for both Scrum and Product owner to get in-depth understanding of these roles as much time as possible. I took it 5 times to get a hang of the interface and the questions.
3) Take Mikhail Lapshin quizz for comprehensive understanding of scrum. Take the quiz until you score 90% and above.
Finally when you are confident take the actual exam.
All the best!
Hi to all,
I just passed PSPO I but i hoped to a better score than 92.5%, in order to go for PSPO II, i have taken mplaza exam preparation and exam simulator and i have read many books like Professional Scrum Product Owner by Ralph Jocham, books by Mike Cohn, books by Roman Pichler and books by Geoff Watts. Also, i have study the relevant guides from Scrum.org like EBM, Kanban and Nexus and read many blog and forum publications
The lower results were
Business Strategy 0%
Forecasting & Release Planning 66.7 %
Stakeholders & Customers 80%
I know that the best way is to take the relevant courses (e.g PSPO A advanced), but they are a little expensive,
Do you have any other ideas or books to study that will help for passing PSPO II?