Skip to main content

PSPO 1 preparation

Last post 10:35 pm February 10, 2022 by Sanjay Gupta
7 replies
04:31 pm August 7, 2017

Hi!

First of all I want to say that this is not advertisement. I just want your advice how to prepare for PSPO 1 certification. 

Unfortunatelly my first attempt was unsuccessfull (84%) and I think that just to know Scrum Guide is not enough to pass PSPO 1 exam. In this case I began to search for new source to learn more about PSPO and to try pass mock exam. So i've searched three sources. What do you think about them? Are they good enough to pay money or not? 

1 - https://mplaza.pm

2 - https://capeprojectmanagement.learnupon.com/store

3 - http://www.volkerdon.com/

Or maybe you will advise me another sites, will be appreciated for this :)

10:05 pm March 31, 2020

Hi All,

Feels good to share with all of you that I have earned the PSPO 1 certification.  Few questions were very tricky which actually require some real time experience. Many Thanks to the forum. 

For the benefit of PSPO I aspiring candidates, publishing my journey.

1) Go through the  Scrum Guide until you are very clear on what every single word means.

2) Nexus Guide would be of great help.

3) Evidence Based Management guide is a must read for getting the understanding of KVA's (Current Value, T2M, Ability to Innovate and Unrealized value(UV) ).

4) Guide to Pass PSPO 1 by Mohammed Musthafa Soukath Ali. This has good repository of challenging questions. Also, beautifully captured the Product Vision, Product Value and Product Backlog Management.

5) Mikhail Lapshin's  PSPO I™ Preparation Quiz – Real Mode- It has good collection of questions and it's free of cost. Many Thanks to Mikhail.

6) Management Plaza's PSPO material.

7) Scrum Open assessments for PSM and PSPO. I tried for nexus as well :-)

Cheers!!

04:47 am April 1, 2020

Hello Gunther. There are a lot of forum posts explaining each candidate's journey to passing the PSPO I. The reason you're not finding them is possibly because you're searching for PSPO 1 instead of PSPO I.

If you or your employer are willing to invest in your education, I highly recommend taking the PSPO and PSPO-A in-person courses led by PSTs. No guarantees that you'll pass the certification exams but the courses will show up in your profile and will give you good foundational knowledge to build upon.

07:27 pm April 3, 2020

Hello,

Good morning!

This is my first post.

I'm a Scrum Master and planning to take PSPO I certification .Since i'm job hunting right now i have more time to study - Maybe 6 hours a day. I did couple of mock tests as well and my score is not too bad.

Considering all this, is it possible to pass the PSPO I with 1 week preparation?

Thoughts? Since the reattempt will cost again $200/- i want to hear from others.

Thank you,

Seena Sundaran

07:00 am April 5, 2020

Hi Seena,

I just took my PSM1 exam and passed with 88%. Having been implementing scrum for a year, I took 2 days to prepare for the exam.

1) Go through the scrum guide as thoroughly as possible and I would suggest to take notes.

2) Take the open assessment for both Scrum and Product owner to get in-depth understanding of these roles as much time as possible. I took it 5 times to get a hang of the interface and the questions.

3) Take Mikhail Lapshin quizz for comprehensive understanding of scrum. Take the quiz until you score 90% and above.

Finally when you are confident take the actual exam.

All the best!

08:26 am April 5, 2020

Hi to all,

I just passed PSPO I but i hoped to a better score than 92.5%, in order to go for PSPO II, i have taken mplaza exam preparation and exam simulator and i have read many books like Professional Scrum Product Owner by Ralph Jocham, books by Mike Cohn, books by Roman Pichler  and books by Geoff Watts. Also, i have study the relevant guides from Scrum.org like EBM, Kanban and Nexus and read many blog and forum publications

The lower results were

Business Strategy 0%

Forecasting & Release Planning 66.7 %

Stakeholders & Customers 80%

I know that the best way is to take the relevant courses (e.g PSPO A advanced), but they are a little expensive,

Do you have any other ideas or books to study that will help for passing PSPO II?

Thanks

09:42 am July 28, 2021

I just passed PSM I & PSPO 1 back to back on July 17& July 28. My PSM score is pathetic which is exactly 85%. In that I score very less o Scrum Artifacts & Empiricism. However, by reading Scrum guide & Nexus guide multiple times I scored slightly higher in PSPO 92.5%.

I have given mock from Scrum.org, Volkerdon,Mlapshin &  bought udemy material for PSPO. 

04:56 pm February 10, 2022

Hi @vengatesh.. Can I know which course you bought on Udemy for PSPO? 

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.