Skip to main content

How to know if you're ready for PSM3?

Last post 11:45 am August 7, 2020 by Simon Mayer
4 replies
12:54 pm August 8, 2019

Hi All,

For those who have done the PSM3, do you have any advice on knowing if/when you're ready to take it?  I took my PSM1 in 2015 and passed with 95%, I just took the exam no formal course (to tick a box for a recruiter).  I've just taken the PSM2 now and passed with 90%, no formal course again.  I have been on Scrum courses pre my first exam but not since.  I have often found myself in the role of coach and teach people in Scrum including Scrum Masters (which I find really makes you think about it).  

I am not sure about the PSM3 level in comparison, and honestly, essay questions scare me as I am heavily dyslexic and don't have a good track record with them in general.  I am not opposed to going on a formal training course or two (in fact I am very interested in the Scrum with Kanban one but not sure what "level" of course would help me for the PSM3.  

Scott

07:50 am August 9, 2019

There is only a PSM-II training for the PSM track. I can really really recommend it. It helped me ace my PSM-II and I learned a lot from it

03:46 pm August 9, 2019

Hi Scott,

I created a post on this topic after I took the PSM III and I actually just provided an update in the comments.  I hope you find this useful:

https://www.scrum.org/forum/scrum-forum/28987/preparing-psm-iii-assessment

09:33 am August 7, 2020

Thanks for responses Xander and Blake.  Going of your post Blake I don't think i'll be taking it.  Having to read and answer QUICKLY isn't really something I can do given my dyslexica even if being asked very simple questions.  Neither are essay questions.

When I did my degree I was on for a 1st through the course work, disatation etc... but then when it came to the hand written exams I had to get compensated passes.  Thankfully the Uni was understanding and given on one module I got 95% based on course work and practicals for 80% of it then I got 25% on the written exam for the final 20% you can perhaps see the extend of my worry for written (although typing is better) essay questions when speed is important.

11:45 am August 7, 2020

Scott, you aren't the first person with dyslexia I've heard mention this problem, and I understand Scrum.org look on such cases sympathetically. If you contact support@scrum.org directly, they might be able to arrange an alternative way for you to take the exam.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.