The Magic Framework
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times : Bruce Lee
This morning, at the close of my metabolic conditioning workout, my Coach Arvind said " Hey, I have a magic training plan, that would get you closer to your goals ".
- It will give you the bare-bones structure, will empower you to self organize and chart out your own course to get closer to your strength and endurance goals.
- Despite the chaos and lock down around us, you would be able to run that < 45 mins 10 Km or a 3 hrs 50 mins Marathon or Kettle bell Squat 75% of your body weight at least for 15 reps.
WoW ! I exclaimed.
Can you show me the rough sketch of that magic ingredient? I asked. What do you think it is, he re-joined:
- For our strength and conditioning goals, finding a knowledgeable coach is paramount.
- For our fat loss and health goals, finding a nutrition plan that is based on real, sustainable food and sensible eating is the key. A nutrition coach can help to improve our relationship with the food and being more mindful about what we eat, when we eat and how we eat.
- In work environment, finding an empowering system for better throughput, having a positive working environment, or a high performing team to be part of. It could be a combination of all of these.
Yup, there's so much more to this. It depends on the situation and the context.
But even with the best resources, system, environment, leadership or solutions, without THE REAL magic ingredient, success will always be elusive.
WHY? What is this magic?.............
YOU are the magic ingredient. YOU are the secret sauce.
In your life, for your goals, for your success, it all comes down to YOU !
Until we are ready to take the ownership on ourselves, nothing will come by. So
1) Commit to take the responsibility in your hands.
2) Have the Courage to show up daily; practice, practice, practice....
3) Focus on : 1 rep at a time, 1 step at a time, 1 hour of time box. Most importantly focus on you and your abilities. Focus on 'being brilliant at the basics".
4) Have the Openness to fail, dust off, get back up, unlearn, re-set and leave your ego at the door.
5) Respect the goals, the effort your are putting in, your ability not to quit, your consistency and the process.
Believe in yourself. Re-commit everyday. Show up. Put in the work. Fail. Get back up. Inspect, Adapt. Keep going.
Until next time, sweat it out, rinse, recover and repeat !
#MakeFitnessAHabit #1repatatime #ScrumOn
Inspiration and Credits:
- Co-founder and Coach, Arvind Ashok ,@thequad.in,The Quad Fitness Pvt. Limited, Madras, India