An Introduction to Professional Scrum from International Project Management Day 2021
Although Scrum has been around for more than 25 years, it is still a new concept to many. Moreover, there are myths that arise.
In this session, Eric Naiburg, Chief Operating Officer for Scrum.org, provides an overview of the Scrum framework. He’ll discuss how Scrum enables agility, and how an empirical process can empower teams that use it.
You’ll learn about the empirical process in Scrum where decisions are made based on observation and experimentation rather than on detailed upfront planning. We will apply this learning using facts and real-world examples.
What You Will Learn:
- Common myths and misconceptions about Scrum
- The 2020 Scrum Guide, Scrum Events, and Scrum Artifacts
- The Project Manager and Scrum
- Accountabilities in Scrum
- How Scrum can be used with other practices like Kanban, DevOps, Continuous Delivery, and more