Suggested Reading: Professional Scrum with Kanban
Prove Your Knowledge of Using Scrum with Kanban
Delivering products is complex work and for more than 25 years, people have been using Scrum to do so. Scrum is a framework in which you add practices that make sense for your Scrum Team or organization to build and define your overall process. Kanban can be used to enhance that overall process and improve how your Scrum Team works.
PSK I is grounded in the Professional Scrum with Kanban subject areas: Kanban Practices, Agile Metrics, and The Scrum Framework:
- Understanding and Applying the Scrum Framework:
- Questions in this focus area test your knowledge of how Scrum and Kanban can be used together for greater benefit without compromising the core tenets of either Scrum or Kanban. In addition, this category tests your knowledge of the Scrum Framework including the three accountabilities, five events, and three artifacts; as well as additional related concepts described in the Scrum Guide.
- Complementary Practices:
- Kanban Practices
- Questions in this focus area test your knowledge of the Kanban practices listed in the Kanban Guide for Scrum Teams.
- Agile Metrics for Kanban
- Questions in this focus area test your knowledge of the required metrics listed in the Kanban Guide for Scrum Teams and how to use them effectively.
- Kanban Practices
Professional Scrum with Kanban training
- Take the Scrum with Kanban Open Assessment to get a baseline of your knowledge and take it again until you are comfortable with the content. It is a learning tool and thus does not have the same level of difficulty as the certification assessment. Feedback is provided when you see your results in the Open.
- Begin by becoming familiar with the Kanban Guide for Scrum Teams.
- Read the Scrum Guide, which lays out the overall Scrum framework.
- Valuable series of articles, blogs, videos and more that pertain to the 2020 version of the Scrum Guide released on November 18, 2020.
- Understanding the Kanban for Scrum Teams Guide
- 4 Key Flow Metrics and how to use them in Scrum's events
- A Scrum Primer for Kanban Teams
- A Kanban Primer for Scrum Teams
- Scrum and Kanban Stronger Together
- Limiting Work in Progress (WIP) in Scrum with Kanban - What? When? Who? How?
- Kanban Service Level Expectations and how to use them in Scrum
- Don't just limit WIP - optimize it! - Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3
- Q&A with Scrum.org CEO Dave West about using Scrum with Kanban
- Scrum.org Creates Scrum with Kanban Course
- Little's Law for Professional Scrum with Kanban
Videos and Podcasts:
- Watch Scrum and Kanban: Make your teams better by busting common myths webinar and review slides
- Listen to this Podcast by Steve Porter
- Actionable Agile Metrics for Predictability: An Introduction by Daniel S. Vacanti
- Practical Kanban: From Team Focus to Creating Value by Klaus Leopold
- Applying Scrum with Kanban: A Pointless Book! by Andy Hiles