Suggested Resources for Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills™
Prove your knowledge of Facilitation Skills
Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills (PSFS) includes questions from the following Focus Areas as defined in the Professional Scrum Competencies, focusing on those that concern facilitation. While having earned your Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) is not required to take PSFS, it is strongly recommended as you will need a strong Scrum Foundation to perform well.
- Developing People and Teams:
- Facilitation Principles and Values
- Applying Facilitation Skills and Techniques
Taking the Professional Scrum Facilitations Skills training course is required to take the PSFS Certification test. The course alone may not be sufficient for everyone to pass PSFS and the resources listed on the page will help you to prepare.
We recommend reviewing the content below:
- Review the material that was provided by the Professional Scrum Trainer that taught your PSFS class.
- Reacquaint yourself with the Scrum Guide as it pertains to the outcomes of Scrum events.
- Read more about Facilitation on Scrum.org.
- Read the Facilitation Techniques for Scrum Events page.
- Review the material suggested on the page you are reading from now - PSFS Suggested Resources.
- How to Fix the Cycle of Ineffective Meetings and Events with Better Facilitation
- Five Ways to Build Consensus
- Trumpeting for All Voices to be Heard with White Elephant
- Addressing the Elephant
- Getting Retrospective Actions Done
- The Rollercoaster of Group Dynamics in Decision Making
Videos and Podcasts:
- Podcast The Importance of Facilitation Skills on the Scrum Team (27 minutes)
- Video Successful Facilitation: What is Facilitation? (11 minutes)
- Video How to facilitate Sprint Planning (4 minutes)
- Video Facilitating Diverse Perspectives in Scrum Teams (6 minutes)
- Video Worst Possible Idea (12 minutes)
- 'Facilitator's Guide to Participatory Decision Making' - Sam Kaner with Lenny Lind, Catherina Toldi, Sarah Fisk, and Duane Berger
- 'The Surprising Power of Liberating Structures' - Henri Limanowicz, Keith McCandless
You may also find these resources interesting and helpful:
- Video Successful Facilitation: What are Liberating Structures?
- Video Successful Facilitation: Liberating Structure 1-2-4-ALL
- Video Recognize the Groan Zone (16 minutes)