Can I Claim PDUs for Attending a Scrum.org Course?
Students of Scrum.org courses are able to claim 14 PDUs after attending a two-day Applying Professional Scrum (APS), Professional Scrum Master (PSM), Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II), Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO), Scaled Professional Scrum (SPS), Professional Agile Leadership Essentials (PAL-E), Professional Scrum with User Experience (PSU), or Professional Scrum with Kanban (PSK) course and 21 PDUs after attending a three-day Applying Professional Scrum for Software Development (APS-SD) course. Please note that PMI PDUs are earned for course attendance and not for passing a Scrum.org assessment.
Students can claim PDUs under PMI's "Education courses provided by other third party providers” category. PDUs can be claimed online at https://ccrs.pmi.org
We do not specify the categories covered by the training. This gives students the flexibility to distribute the points in whichever categories they need.
Steps for Claiming PDUs
Based on our latest understanding from PMI, here is the process for claiming third-party vendor PDUs.
- Log in to PMI.org. You need to log in to the PMI website using your login credentials. Once you log in, you need to click on ‘Report PDUs’.
- Course or training: In the next landing page, you need to click on ‘Course or Training’ under Education.
- Enter the name of a provider: As you have taken a course offered by a third-party vendor which is not pre-approved by PMI® for its PDUs, you just need to type the name of the provider into the field and do not select any provider from the list.
- You need to complete all the fields to provide the details for the claim is you have taken education activities offered by third-party vendors who are not pre-approved by PMI®.
- Enter or modify the PDUs that align with the PMI Talent Triangle™
- You can modify the Talent Triangle™ PDU values for PMI-approved activities that are pre-populated in the claim form is you didn’t stay for the entire activity. You may modify Talent Triangle™ PDUs to values below the maximum limit for the activity.
- You need to manually enter PDU values under the Technical skill area if you have taken training from any third-party provider. Again, you need to enter PDU values for Leadership and Strategic skill areas manually. If you hold multiple certifications, these PDUs will automatically be shared across all your certifications.
- Agree: In the next step, you need to click on ‘I agree this claim is accurate’.
- Submit: Once you agree to the terms, you need to submit your PDU claim. Once you click on the ‘Submit’ button, you will receive a transaction notification which shows multiple Claim IDs for multiple certifications and allows you to print the notification or continue to reporting another claim.