Forums

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. If you have left the first and last name fields blank on your member profile, your email address will be displayed instead.

All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Passed PSM 1 exam
Last Post 09 Feb 2016 11:33 AM by Trung Hieu Hoang. 11 Replies.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Nipun Anand
Nipun Anand

--
16 Jul 2014 10:53 AM
    I have cleared PSM 1 assessment. Thanks to all for there help on the forum
    Mohammed Abu Suliman
    Mohammed Abu Suliman

--
    21 Jul 2014 10:47 PM
    Congratulation, I desperately did the exam 3 times and I’m failing at 72.5 at most
    Could you please help me with a couple of questions?

Thanks
    Nipun Anand
    Nipun Anand

--
    22 Jul 2014 06:36 AM
    Yes sure @mas. please let me know what are your questions and i will surely try t answer them.
    michael
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    michael

--
    22 Jul 2014 08:45 AM

Thats twelve questions or fifteen percent of the exam, not five at six percent.
    Were stepping the boundaries of a few questions into several into many beyond that.
    The idea from the feedback you get is that you go away and research it?
    Scrum.org don't give you the answer for that reason so the exam retains value.
    A good SM should coach a good potential SM should study.

My advice is look at the feedback from scrum.org, research it and re sit the exam.
    You have to sit the exam and have areas to study where you are weak.
    Question sets are not the same so irrespective of what answers are given here, if you don't know
    the subject there is no guarantee a fourth attempt will gain success.
    If you sat a fourth and used the answers here and failed would feel even worse.
    Feedback is given to improve not just copy and paste for someone else to answer.
    Remember its a SM so look beyond just copy and paste, no one said it would be easy.

Michael

Garin Reyneke
    Garin Reyneke

--
    22 Jul 2014 09:30 AM
    I agree with Michael , youre not prepping enough if your getting 72% , i failed at 82.5% and I KNOW it was because i didn't prep nearly enough.
    John Tyson
    John Tyson

--
    01 Aug 2014 04:56 PM
    It's tempting to take the strategy of looking at all the PSM I Exam stuff in this forum. But I would suggest you search on your weak areas in the forums. For example, if you're not sure about Sprint Reviews, read up on them.

I haven't taken my PSM I exam yet, but plan to soon.
    Manjunath Goudreddy
    Manjunath Goudreddy

--
    06 Oct 2014 04:32 AM
    Hello,

Please let me know how different are these questions when compared to open assessment questions.

thanks
    Manju
    Olivier Ledru
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Olivier Ledru

--
    06 Oct 2014 05:00 AM
    From my point of view, the questions are a little bit harder than the open assessment, and you have 80 and not only 30 questions, so it needs more focus.
    The open assessment is a very good training for the PSM I.
    You have to be very easy with the open assessment before taking PSM I.
    Jean Yves Evrard ABLE
    Jean Yves Evrard ABLE

--
    05 Feb 2016 09:42 AM
    Thanks all for your reply . i plan to pass the PSM 1 assessment . i passed Open Assessment easily . Any advice will be welcome
    chenny h
    chenny h

--
    05 Feb 2016 05:36 PM
    Jean,

Use the scrum open to understand the test format. But, it is intended to test just the bssic knowledge and hence can't be considered to reflect the diffcilty level of psm.

If you only focus on practing and paaing the assessment, be aware that you may be mislead by many paid simulation tests on the market.

Have a genuine interest in learning about Scrum, follow the conversation in this forum, and understand why something is most appropriate choice in a given situation.

Couple of good sources to use, in addition to scrum guide and this forum:

-Scrum Narrative and psm exam guide
    - Michael Lapshin simulation tests

Hope this helps
    Olivier Ledru
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Olivier Ledru

--
    07 Feb 2016 06:08 AM
    main advice : read several times and carefully the Scrum Guide :-)
    Trung Hieu Hoang
    Trung Hieu Hoang

--
    09 Feb 2016 11:33 AM
    Mock test at http://mlapshin.com/index.php/psm-q...real-mode/ by Lapshin is also a useful resource.

I did it several times before the real assessment.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Feedback