Professional Agile Leadership - Essentials
Live Virtual Class, March 13-16, 2023
Leaders and managers of Agile teams face many challenges as their organizations transition and transform. This Professional Agile Leadership Essentials course is designed to help you explore how to create an environment that supports agility, empowers teams, and enables you organization to reap the benefits of an agile product delivery approach. This workshop is a unique mix of theory and practice, optimized for the best learning experience.
After the class, you will get a passcode to take the PAL I assessment. After passing the assessment, you will gain the industry recognized PAL 1 certification, which will never expire.
This highly interactive class is delivered virtually over four half-day sessions, which our students love! Our half-day sessions allow you to balance the course with your work, while enabling high focus and deep learning during class time.
As an added benefit of attending this class from Unstuck Agile, you get a one-hour live virtual professional coaching session after the class. You can use this session for PAL I assessment preparation, coaching to apply what you have learned, or whatever else you need!
Private classes and group discounts are available - reach out to email@example.com for more information.
This course material will be covered throughout four half-day sessions that build on each other:
- Monday, March 13th 9:00am - 1:00pm Eastern
- Tuesday, March 14th 9:00am - 1:00pm Eastern
- Wednesday, March 15th 9:00am - 1:00pm Eastern
- Thursday, March 16th 9:00am - 1:00pm Eastern
Why Take This Class from Mark?
- Shorter sessions across more days gives your brain space to process
- Engaging, fun exercises designed for you
- I exclusively focus on teaching leaders. I’ve been in your shoes in multiple contexts, so learn from my failures and successes.
- I combine principles (why) with practices (what + how)
- 25 years of experience in a breadth of roles:
- Software Engineer
- Business Analyst
- Scrum Master
- Agile Coach
- Professional Coach
- Team Lead
- Practice Manager
- National Agile Lead for a Fortune 500 company
What Our Students Are Saying
- "I would take another class with Mark in a heartbeat."
- "Extremely useful materials I will take back to my teams."
- "After this class, I have many ideas now on how to work with management on how to lead in an agile setting."
- "Loved the exercises! They kept the learning real and applicable."
- "My favorite part was that the instructor could accommodate all levels of learning - novice to expert."
- "Real-life examples were so helpful and showed how to solve problems while staying true to the framework.
Class Pricing Options
- Best Deal Price: USD 1095 until 4 weeks before the start date
- Early Bird Price: USD 1295 until 1 week before the start date
- Regular Price: USD 1495
Registration & Price
Registration for this class has closed
The Professional Agile Leadership Essentials course provides a foundation for leaders' role in creating the conditions for a successful Agile transformation. Students explore how the principles and values of Scrum help guide leaders in the decisions they make to create an environment for agility to thrive.
Leaders in Agile environments can find their role quite different from what they are used to, shifting focus to enabling teams to solve complex problems creatively. Students in this PAL-E class will discover perspectives and techniques for fostering growth in people in the various Scrum roles to sustain long-term agility to benefit their organizations and customers.
What Is Covered?
- Why Agile matters
- Agile challenges
- Leaders sustain agility
- Developing people
- Measuring agility
In this course, students will:
- Identify potential opportunities, challenges, and impacts of Agile in terms of business value and why this is so important to the next-generation organization
- Understand techniques to support teams to sustain long-term agility, including the role that leaders play, shifts in thinking, and the relationship between complexity and empiricism
- Discover ways to continue the development of the people to help them grow and prosper in an agile way of working
- Explore how to measure and guide agile product delivery
Who Should Attend?
- Leaders who are involved in the adoption of Agility in their organizations
- Those leading one or more Scrum teams, including Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and other leaders on Scrum Teams
- Managers who are responsible for developing people in the Scrum teams
- Senior Executives, acting as a sponsor for and developing leadership for the Agile transformation
Students will be able to make the most of the class if they:
- Have read and studied the Scrum Guide
- Have taken the Scrum Open (free online assessment)
- Want to expand their capabilities as an Agile leader, to the benefit of their organization
Will This Help Me Pass the Assessment?
The Professional Agile Leadership I (PAL I) is a challenging assessment with a mix of knowledge and application questions that move beyond just facts about Agile and leadership. By being fully present in this class, you will gain the confidence and tools you will need to be best prepared to pass the assessment.
How will we do this?
- Deep, experiential learning about the theory and principles that the assessment is based on
- Dedicated time throughout class to prepare for the assessment
- Actionable steps for post-class readiness of the assessment
- Curated list of additional preparatory materials
- Free re-attempt if you take and fail the assessment within 14 days of the class (only available for students of the PAL-E class)
- A one-hour follow-up session for additional guidance and help with difficult scenarios
Through these steps and your deep engagement in class, we are confident you’ll have what you need to pass the assessment and join the ranks of Professional Agile Leaders!
What Is Included?
- A soft copy of the course materials
- Up to two free attempts at the PAL I assessment (does not expire) - a $200 value
- If you attend this Scrum.org class and attempt the PAL I certification assessment within 14 days but do not achieve a score of at least 85%, you will be given a 2nd attempt at no cost
- As an added benefit of attending this class from Unstuck Agile, you get a one-hour live virtual professional coaching session after the class. You can use this session for PAL I assessment preparation, coaching to apply what you have learned, or whatever else you need!
About The Trainer
Mark Wavle has been licensed to teach Scrum.org courses since 2016, having taken the PSM class from Ken Schwaber. Since then, he has taught thousands of students in hundreds of Scrum.org classes: Applying Professional Scrum (APS), Professional Scrum Master (PSM), Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II), Professional Agile Leadership Essentials (PAL-E), and Professional Agile Leadership - Evidence-Based Management (PAL-EBM) - excellent, impactful courses that are well-maintained by the community of trainers.
He has worked at and with Fortune 500 companies, regional organizations, and non-profits in a variety of industries and in roles as diverse as National Agile Lead, Practice Manager, Director, Leadership Coach, Scrum Master, Agile Coach, Trainer, and course designer.
Why Engage with Unstuck?
Unlock the potential of your teams and organizations with Unstuck! Our agilists provide the expertise and insights you need to help you move past the roadblocks in your way. Reach for new heights and become more agile with Unstuck - get out of a rut and on the path to success.
We have deep experience and a breadth of offerings. We offer a full range of training, coaching, and strategic consulting services.
We meet you where you are. We evaluate where you are on your journey, provide valuable ‘aha’ moments, and help you get unstuck in your agility.
Everything we do, we can teach; everything we teach, we can do. Our mission is to enable your success in developing and delivering valuable products by teaching you to own your agility.
Ways we empower organizations’ agility include:
- Health Check: Doing some things well with Agile and some things not so well? Gain outside perspective on your situation with specific, actionable recommendations through a four-week health check assessment.
- Team Formation or Relaunch: Starting teams off on the right foot has proven to be a key to long-term success. Team Formation is a set of highly interactive sessions that progress from training and workshops toward mentoring and facilitation in order to enable the team to take ownership of enacting new ways of working.
- Agile Foundations Workshop: Teams can be coached and given the tools to succeed, but without support from the larger ecosystem outside of the team, these efforts can fall flat. Through this one-day immersive workshop, leaders and stakeholders will walk away with a healthy understanding of how to engage with Agile teams for value-add work, understand the principles and purpose of agility, and explore how it benefits themselves and the organization.
For More Information
If you have further questions or want to inquire about private and/or on-site classes, custom courses, coaching, or group discounts, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or check out our website www.unstuckagile.com for more information.