Professional Agile Leadership - Essentials
Live Virtual Class, December 19-20, 2023
This two-day course is widely regarded as the industry standard class to equip leaders and managers of agile teams with the knowledge to help their organisations adapt to change as part of their Agile transformation journey.
Don't take this class if you're looking to sit back and relax for two days. The PAL-E I course and associated assessment is tough, but you will be well prepared by your trainer. You can expect to be an active participant and to leave each day feeling tired but excited about what lies ahead for your practice. This class is not a single trainer lecturing you via a remote call - it's an immersive experience.
Scrum.org selects only the most qualified instructors to deliver this course. The curriculum and learning objectives are standardised to ensure consistency and quality for students worldwide.
Registration for this class has closed
Who should attend?
The Professional Agile Leadership Essentials course is designed for managers and those in leadership roles, top-level managers and middle managers who want to grow their organisation’s ability to respond to market opportunities, competitive pressures, and opportunities for innovation.
There is no requirement for any knowledge of product or software delivery prior to participating, nor any experience of being in a Scrum Team.
What is the class?
In this class, leaders will gain an understanding of how agility adds value to their organisation and why their support in creating an Agile culture is essential to success. The class provides leaders with the information that is required to support and enable teams by providing guidance and removing impediments that are beyond the team’s ability to address.
The areas of focus are:
- Why Agile Matters –connect agility with what really matters to the success of your organization.
- Challenges of an Agile Leader - understand how leading with Agile principles and values creates better outcomes, and can overcome many organisational challenges.
- Leaders Grow Agility - understand how to create a culture of engagement in continuous improvement & delivery, and an accountability model for the modern-day organisation to sustain agility.
- Developing People - consider the development of people to help them grow and prosper in an Agile way of working.
- Measuring Agility - learn how to measure and guide Agile product delivery.
By signing up for this class, you are eligible for some benefits offered by Scrum.org. These include:
- one free attempt at the PAL I assessment.
- a second free attempt (if you try, and fail to meet the 85% passing mark within 14 days of the class finishing). If you pass on the first attempt, a second attempt will not be given.
- 14 PDUs that can be used to evidence your continued learning requirement for the Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Participants are invited to an optional 2hr free coaching and support group call approximately 5 days after the class.
The pricing of our classes varies based on your geographic location. For more information on the classification of primary/secondary/tertiary markets, please see here.
Taxes may be applicable dependent on your location.
Your Professional Scrum Trainer
Sam is a dynamic Agile practitioner, coach and Professional Scrum Trainer with Scrum.org.
His first encounter with Scrum and Agile was in 2007 and he has since accumulated experience supporting organisations in delivering value to their customers and stakeholders.
Sam’s previous clients include Barclays, HSBC, BP, Ministry of Justice, UBS, Channel4, BBC Worldwide and a number of start-ups across the world.
When not training, Sam works as an Enterprise Agile Coach where he supports organizations in scaling their implementation of Agile frameworks (e.g. Scrum, Kanban) up to the executive level of an organisation.
Sam’s philosophy is that whilst Agile frameworks (including the practices and tools) are great, but his ultimate goal is to support the organisations on building the mindset that is required for agility to thrive.
If you have any questions, please contact Sam at:
This event will be held as a Live Virtual Class (LVC) using a combination of Zoom and MURAL.
Joining instructions will be sent one week prior to the class start date.