Professional Agile Leadership - Essentials Heeze, Nov 27-28, 2018
The Professional Agile Leadership™ Essentials (PAL-E) is a 2 day training that provides a foundation for the role that leaders play in creating the conditions for a successful Agile transformation. The training is a unique mix of theory & practice, optimized for the best learning experience.
Leaders and managers are critical enablers in helping their organizations be successful, yet the role of leaders and managers in an Agile organization can be quite different from what they are used to. To succeed in a changing world, organizations need to become more Agile, more responsive to customer needs and market changes. This training will equip leaders and managers to help their organizations change.
Leaders will understand how agility adds value to their organization and why their support in creating the proper culture is essential to success. They will be prepared to support and enable teams by providing guidance and removing impediments that are beyond the team’s ability to address:
- Professional introduction to Agile, and connecting agility with what really matters to the success of your organization.
- Understand how leading with Agile principles and values creates better outcomes, and overcome many organizational challenges.
- Understand how to create a culture of engagement in continuous improvement & delivery, and an accountability model for the modern-day organization to sustain agility.
Professional Agile Leadership Essentials is a 2 day training to equip leaders and managers of Agile teams along with their Product Owners and Scrum Masters to help their organizations change by providing participants with:
- An overview of what “Agile” is and why organizations need it to thrive in a changing world.
- The means to identify the potential opportunities, challenges and impacts of Agile in terms of business value and why this is so important to the next generation organization.
- An understanding of techniques to support teams to sustain long-term agility including the role that leaders play, shifts in thinking, and the relationship between complexity and empiricism.
- Ways to continue the development of the people to help them grow and prosper in an agile way of working.
- Practical insights in how the role of an Agile Leader is different from a traditional manager
- Guidance of how to measure and guide agile product delivery.
This training is aimed at leaders who are involved in the adoption of Agility in their organisation:
- Managers who are responsible for one/more Scrum teams
- Scrum Masters and Product Owners
- Managers or leaders who are responsible for developing people in the Scrum teams (HR/PMO managers)
- Senior Executives who act as a sponsor for the Agile transformation and want to know how to develop the leadership for the Agile transformation
Participants to the XPDays Conference (that takes place on the day after this training at the same venue) receive an additional 25% discount. If you are a XPDays participant, send me an email to receive a discount code before you subscribe to this training.
Pricing below excludes VAT (21%, Netherlands only):
Price: EUR 1695
Students will receive:
- A digital version of the official Scrum.org slide deck
- A book related to Agile Leadership
- A notebook with printed illustrations of the flipcharts produced
- After completion of the training: a code for an attempt to the PAL I -certifcation
- A free second attempt, when the first attempt was unsuccessfull within 2 weeks after the training
Attendees make the most of the class if they:
- Study the Scrum Guide
- Pass the Scrum Open Assessment
- Possess a solid understanding of Scrum
- Have worked with a Scrum team in a Leadership role
- Read any book on Scrum by Ken Schwaber
Course Language: English
5591 TN, Heeze, the Netherlands
Can I book a room at the venue?
Yes, you can contact the venue at: https://www.kapellerput.nl/contact/
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
By Car - You can reach the venue by car using the A2 (exit 34 Valkenswaard-Heeze) or the A67 (exit 34 Geldrop-Heeze). Kapellerput has over 300 parking lots and 2 chargers for electric cars.
Public Transport - Heeze has a train station. From the station you can use a taxi (+31 40 842 33 33) or use the busline 266, towards Deurne, exit at stop Kapellerput.
What can I bring into the event?
Just bring yourself. We will provide all the materials.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
For any other questions you can reach me at my mobile phone (+31683443538) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org)