Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills
Amsterdam, October 14, 2024
In this interactive one-day skills-building course, you will learn how to become a better facilitator to improve interactions with your Agile or Scrum Team, stakeholders, and customers. You'll also learn to understand when and how to select effective techniques for better problem-solving.
Registration & Price
Become a better Scrum facilitator
Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills™ is an interactive course designed to help Scrum practitioners develop a facilitator’s mindset, proficiency in facilitation skills, and learn when and how to select effective techniques for various circumstances. Strong facilitation skills enable better problem-solving, more effective Scrum events, and greater team alignment, all leading to better outcomes.
An essential element of Scrum is to put problem-solving and decision-making in the hands of the Scrum Team. Here, the Scrum Values help you to create an environment in which each Scrum Team member’s voice can be heard.
However, team interactions don’t always go well. Sometimes, team members lose sight of goals, don’t fully engage, or can’t reach agreement. Effective facilitation can guide your Scrum Team toward the desired outcomes.
What will you learn during the Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills (PSFS) training?
In this one-day skills-building course, you will learn how to become a better facilitator to improve interactions with your Scrum Team(s), stakeholders, and customers. You’ll focus on how to adopt facilitation and how to apply it to enable the Scrum Values.
As a participant, you will address a series of common Scrum-related scenarios by applying several facilitation techniques that you can add to your collection of agile practices. Learn to create your own facilitation “plan” to improve your next team discussion or Scrum event.
What you will learn:
- Develop facilitation skills and a facilitator’s mindset.
- Learn the facilitation principles that experienced facilitators fall back on when interactions are difficult.
- Understand the roles that facilitation principles and the Scrum Values play in enhancing healthy collaboration in Scrum Teams.
- Explore how facilitation can address challenging scenarios most Scrum Teams encounter.
- Apply facilitation skills and techniques to improve the Scrum events and other interactions.
- Understand how to encourage diverse perspectives, while bringing the team together to reach decisions.
- Experience the elements of group dynamics and how they influence the decision-making process.
- Leave the class with a toolbox of facilitation techniques and understand how to apply them in different circumstances.
The PSFS training is perfect for...
- Scrum Masters and any Scrum Team member interested in learning how to use facilitation to enhance their team’s success.
- Scrum Coaches, Agile Coaches, and Agile Consultants.
Please note that this course is unsuitable for professionals with little Scrum knowledge or experience.
Our Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills Trainers
Our trainers are Scrum.org-certified experts. They are gurus in their field, gurus with impressive track records. They are happy to share their experiences, so you can understand the PSFS learning objectives stated by Scrum.org. The perfect way to expand your Scrum skills!
Official PSFS Certification
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills assessment. The official PSFS certification is issued by Scrum.org. Earning the PSFS assessment means that the certification holder has demonstrated an understanding of how to harness facilitation principles, skills, and techniques,
PSFS class participants who attempt the PSFS assessment within 14 days of the class and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
Yes, I want to become a Professional Scrum Facilitator!
After registering for the Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills training, you will receive a confirmation email with practical information. A week before the training, we will ask you about any dietary requirements and share literature if there's a need to prepare. See you soon!
What else should I know?
In this training is included:
- The Scrum.org PSFS exam.
- All literature needed for this course.
- A delicious lunch.
- Travel and accommodation are not included.
Xebia Office Amsterdam
1091 GS Amsterdam
Train station Amsterdam Amstel is at walking distance.
Lunch, snacks and drinks are included in the training.