Professional Scrum with Kanban
Hilversum, March 11-12, 2024
Improving Flow for Scrum Teams
Always wanted to know how to use the Kanban principles and practices to optimize the flow of your Scrum team? How to use several Kanban metrics to measure flow?
Professional Scrum with Kanban (PSK) is a 2-day course that teaches Scrum practitioners how to apply Kanban practices to their work. Through theory, case studies, and hands-on exercises, participants will understand the importance of transparency and flow as it pertains to the Scrum framework.
Scrum is the defacto standard for how Agile teams work. Scrum exists only in its entirety and functions well as a container for other techniques and practices. Scrum Teams keep improving how they work, based on what they learn by inspecting and adapting on an ongoing basis.
Registration & Price
The language for this training is ENGLISH. There is a fluent Dutch and a fluent English trainer.
What You Will Learn
Students will learn how their Scrum Teams can introduce complementary practices from Kanban while continuing the way they are already working with Scrum, all without changing Scrum. In this class, students will:
- Gain a clear understanding of how flow works within the context of Scrum.
- Be introduced to Kanban practices that Scrum Teams can adapt to help improve their effectiveness and efficiency.
- Understand how to effectively use appropriate Kanban practices without changing Scrum.
- Learn a practical approach to improving transparency and visibility for their work.
- Get introduced with useful metrics to get more insight on flow.
Dispelling Common Myths
Understanding Professional Scrum
Kanban Theory, Principles and Practices
Kanban in Practice
Scrum with Kanban
- Agile Metrics
Who Should Attend
Professional Scrum with Kanban is appropriate for practitioners who are looking for additional tools to improve their Scrum teams.
Professional Scrum with Kanban Certification
All participants completing the Professional Scrum with Kanban course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum with Kanban I (PSK I) assessment. PSK class participants who attempt the PSK I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
What Is Included
- One free attempt at the PSK I assessment (does not expire) - a $150 value. If you attend this Scrum.org class and attempt the PSK I certification assessment within 14 days but do not achieve a score of at least 85% you will be given a 2nd attempt at no cost
- PDF file of all material used
- Personal classroom page accessible to participants only
- Access to our Slack community, including quarterly Scrum Facilitator Huddle, Q&A, interaction with other community members, job opportunities and more
About the trainers
Jasper Alblas from Scrum Facilitators
As a Professional Scrum Trainer and agile enthusiast, Jasper love it when a plan comes together, goals are achieved and great products and services are brought to the customer.
As a Scrum Master and trainer he serve teams and organizations in their change process: teaching, mentoring and coaching them in understanding the power of the Scrum framework that helps them enable change in the organization and in people’s lives, delivering great products for (happy) customers as a result.
Laurens Bonnema from Xebia
Laurens has multiple titles to his name, all of which help introduce you to Agile management. Laurens is a certified Scrum Master & Product Owner, Agile Master, SAFe Program Consultant, and PRINCE2 Practitioner with hands-on experience. He combines his IT background and skills to make organizations more agile. Laurens is eager to share his expertise during the PSM trainings, and you also learn from all his stories during the Xebia Academy Scrum Foundation and Certified Leading SAFe training.
To allow as many people as possible to connect with us during this course, the course language is English by default. If you are Dutch and struggle with English, feel free to reach out and we'll see how we can accommodate your learning.
Conveniently located from A27/exit 33 Hilversum.
Free parking available.
Train station Hilversum Sportpark is at walking distance.
Lunch, snacks and drinks are included in the training.