Professional Scrum Master
Live Virtual Class, November 14-17, 2022
Professional Scrum Master (PSM) is the cutting-edge course for Scrum Masters and leaders supporting teams’ efficiency and effectiveness. This course covers the Scrum fundamentals, including the principles and theory underpinning the mechanics, rules, and accountabilities of the Scrum framework. Based on these foundational insights, attendees learn how to use Scrum to optimize value, productivity, and the total cost of ownership of products. Advanced thinking tools are introduced to support leadership and behavioral shifts, working with people and teams, coaching and facilitation, and addressing the organizational challenges.
Private classes, on-site classes, virtual classes, and group discounts are available!
Registration & Price
Registration for this class has closed
Students learn through interactive instruction and team-based exercises and are challenged to think in terms of the Scrum principles to better understand tactics and approaches that can be applied in their workplaces.
- Scrum Theory and First Principles
- Scrum Framework: Elements, Rules, and Mechanics
- Done and Undone work
- Product Delivery with Scrum
- Working with People and Teams
- The Accountability of the Scrum Master
- Have a clear understanding of the mechanics of Scrum and their coherence from the empirical foundation of Scrum
- Learn how to act as a Scrum Master for Scrum Teams and stakeholders based on an in-depth knowledge of needed skills, traits, and behaviors
- Understand how to effectively start up Scrum or increase its effectiveness, if already underway
Who Should Attend
The Professional Scrum Master (PSM) course is appropriate for people in any industry where teams are working to solve complex problems. This course can be of great value for:
- Practitioners that are interested in starting a career as a Scrum Master
- Scrum Masters, Agile/Scrum Coaches and consultants looking to improve their use of Scrum
- Anyone involved in product delivery using Scrum (leaders included)
Attendees will be able to make the most of the class if they:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (required)
- Have taken the Scrum Open (free online assessment)
- Want to know more about how Scrum works, how to use it, and how to implement it
Assessment & Certification
Upon course completion, attendees have the opportunity to take an online assessment of their skills and earn their Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) and/or Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) certification.
In class, you will learn the importance of inspection, adaptation, and fast feedback cycles. To reinforce those concepts, if you attend this Scrum.org class and attempt the PSM I certification assessment within 14 days but do not achieve a score of at least 85%, you will be given a 2nd attempt at no cost.
What Is Included
- Soft copy of course materials
- One free attempt at the PSM I assessment (does not expire) - a $150 value
- If you attend this Scrum.org class and attempt the PSM I certification assessment within 14 days but do not achieve a score of at least 85%, you will be given a 2nd attempt at no cost
- One discounted attempt at the PSM II assessment (does not expire) - normally $250, discounted to $150
About Our Trainers
Scrum.org maintains a defined curriculum for the Professional Scrum courses and selects only the most qualified instructors to deliver them. Each Professional Scrum Trainer is a practitioner and brings their experiences and areas of expertise to bear, but all students learn the same core course content. This consistency and quality helps students effectively apply Scrum in their organizations.
Additionally, Insight Digital Innovation is officially recognized as a member of the Scrum.org Professional Training Network. This means we align with the Scrum Values, have Scrum.org trainers who teach a qualifying number of Scrum.org Professional Scrum classes, and are committed to improving the profession of software delivery in part by providing Scrum.org trainings.
What Our Students Are Saying
“[Instructor] did a wonderful job of presenting the content in a consumable, relatable and entertaining way. The case study examples that we walked through helped me to see how the scrum framework can be applied to everyday scenarios as well as a scrum team environment. I learned so much and I also feel prepared for the exam as well as to step into a scrum master role in the near future.”
“The materials were useful, and [instructor] was excellent! Particularly helpful was the way he asked probing questions and engaged the participants in role-play. There was also a nice balance of humor to even out the seriousness of the content. He made a large amount of dense content manageable and understandable.”
“Such a spectacular experience of getting an in-depth formalization of the Scrum Master role. [Instructor] was able to give the group real world experiences and the knowledge to attempt the PSM. Plenty of challenging activities and lots of interaction among the students.”
For More Information
If you have further questions or want to inquire about private and/or on-site classes, coaching, or group discounts, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This class is run virtually over 4 days (4 hours each day). We use modern technology and tools to ensure high level of engagement and participation.
Insight Digital Innovation, is a global technology company committed to helping clients innovate smarter so they can create digital experiences that drive differentiation and loyalty.
Our Agile Transformation Services Team can help you adopt an Agile approach to improve how your organization delivers, develops, and approaches products and services.
Private classes, on-site classes, virtual classes, and group discounts are available! Contact email@example.com for questions and more information.