Professional Scrum Master Hilversum, Oct 1-2, 2018
Have you been working as a Scrum Master for some time now and do you really want to take the next step in improving yourself, your team(s) and the organization around you?
Are you a manager working with one or more Scrum Teams and want to gain deep understanding how to best facilitate these teams so they can deliver valuable software every 30 days or less?
Then Professional Scrum Master (PSM) is the training you want for you or your employees. In the past few years our trainers have helped hundreds of participants to start or refresh their Agile way of working with this training.
Train the Trainer Opportunity
This particular class is open to all, but it also qualifies as a ‘train-the-trainer’ event for participants that have been formally recognized as Professional Scrum Trainer candidates prior to the class. Such trainer candidates will spend an additional day in the classroom on February 7th following the regular class.
Price: EUR 1795
For whom is this interesting?
This training is specifically designed for professionals who introduce and/or run Scrum within an organization. It is also valuable for anyone involved in software development using the Scrum framework.
You will directly benefit from the Professional Scrum Master training/PSM training if you are a:
- Scrum masters
- Development managers
- Scrum development team member
What will you learn?
The course teaches the mechanics of Scrum, as well as provides insights into complexity, team-based collaboration and self-organization as essential elements in mastering Scrum. Students will experience how the Scrum framework improves product development efforts.
From its emphasis on practical application the course exposes common missteps, increases the awareness of the associated symptoms, and provides prescriptive guidance to avoid going off track.
You will learn:
- Scrum theory and principles
- The Scrum framework: roles, rules and artifacts
- Working with people and teams
- Coaching and facilitation
- The role of the Scrum Master
During the 2-day training, you will be challenged to think in terms of scrum and its principles and afterwards you will know:
- The mechanics: elements of Scrum and their coherence from the empirical foundation of Scrum.
- How to effectively start up Scrum or increase its effectiveness if already underway.
As a result, you will have improved your skills to:
- Act as a Scrum Master for Scrum Teams and stakeholders from an in-depth understanding of servant-leadership.
- Improve the way your team delivers continuously.
Attendees make the most of the class if they:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (required).
- Passed the Scrum Open assessment
- Have a solid understanding of Scrum either through working on a Scrum Team, or through taking part in a Professional Scrum Foundations or similar course.
- Have been on or are closely involved in building or enhancing a software product or application using Scrum.
- Have read one of the Scrum books of Ken Schwaber or the book “Scrum – A Pocket Guide” by Gunther Verheyen.
The training prepares participants for the following credentials:
- Professional Scrum Master level I (PSM I)
- Professional Scrum Master level II (PSM II)
These industry-recognized certifications require a minimum passing score on the associated assessment. Upon successful completion of the training, participants are eligible to receive a password for the PSM I assessment and to receive a PSM II assessment password at a discounted price. Scrum.org maintains a public list of all certified PSM I and PSM II holders. If you are interested in certification, please contact Marianne van Loon, Assistant Education Xebia Academy at +31 (0)35 5381921 or email@example.com.
More information about the Scrum.org Professional Scrum assessments can be found here.
1213 VB Hilversum
Train station Hilversum Sportpark at walking distance.
Lunch, snacks and drinks included in the training.